Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
Townhall.Com
Bombshell: Townhall Magazine's EXCLUSIVE Sit-Down With Ann Coulter
Chris Field
May 27, 2011

June_2011_cover_coulter_300.jpg

Anyone who knows Ann can tell you that the peals of her distinctive laughter are as much her trademark as the slinky dresses and the blond tresses. Judging by her frequent appearances on "Hannity," "Red Eye With Greg Gutfeld," "The O'Reilly Factor," "The View," "The Today Show" and a host of other TV shows, when Ann Coulter is on camera, she always seems to be laughing, or have just laughed, or be about to laugh, or have just made someone else laugh. Why, then, do her critics so often describe her as angry?

Case in point: When she made her first (and only) appearance on the "Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson" in 2005, she entered the studio to sustained, thunderous applause. She was absolutely beaming when she took her seat, even giggling a bit with delight as any normal person would be while basking in such unabashed public approval. And yet, the first thing the host said to Coulter -- the very first words out of his mouth, mind you -- were, "Why are you always so angry?" Ferguson's inane question, naturally, was greeted with yet more laughter from Coulter (and the studio audience), because it was so utterly absurd.

Civilians are dying from drones in the "not-war" of Pakistan but I guess I should give a shit about what a talking head laffs about...?

Poor Ann Coulter is hardly relevant any more

Money quote:

What examples can she cite of behaviors shared by both a street mob and the Left? "Groupthink -- a reasoning disability to which Christians and conservatives are immune, by the way. An inclination to hold contradictory opinions. A habit of being swayed by images rather than by words and logic. A tendency to resort to violence to advance their cause. And, as I've said, a willingness to disbelieve their own senses."

Civilians are dying from drones in the "not-war" of Pakistan but I guess I should give a shit about what a talking head laffs about...?

Snail darters are going extinct because the ozone layer is killing rain forests causing glaciers to melt but I guess I should give a shit about what an angry internet leftist rants about...?

Ann Coulter is a garden variety self-hating conservative female who happened to stumble onto a couple ways to make a living in the rightwing propaganda industry.

Good for her. It beats having to work for a living; I'll stipulate to that much.

So... in case anyone missed it, best AC column in recent memory... read and die:

AnnCoulter.com - Printer Friendly Article: WHAT A SACK OF SACROSANCT

The New York Times' profile on the family of Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan, her aunt was quoted as saying: "There was thinking, always thinking" at the family's dinner table. "Nothing was sacrosanct."

Really? Nothing was sacrosanct? Because in my experience, on a scale of 1-to-infinity, the range of acceptable opinion among New York liberals goes from 1-to-1.001.

How would the following remarks fare at a dinner table on the Upper West Side where "nothing was sacrosanct": Hey, maybe that Joe McCarthy was onto something. What would prayer in the schools really hurt? How do we know gays are born that way? Is it possible that union demands have gone too far? Does it make sense to have three recycling bins in these microscopic Manhattan apartments? Say, has anyone read Charles Murray's latest book?

Those comments, considered "conversation starters" in most of the country, would get you banned from polite society in New York. And unless you want the whole room slowly backing away from you, also avoid: May I smoke? I heard it on Fox News and Merry Christmas!

Even members of survivalist Christian cults in Idaho at least know people who hold opposing views. New York liberals don't.

Lived in NYC 7 years. All true.

A fave of mine: "Oh my GAWD. I hate those people in the South. They're so prejudiced!"

Me: Have you ever been to the South?

Them: Fuck no!

Me: Then how do you know what you're talking about?

Them: Are you a fucking racist? We don't NEED to go to the South to know they're all racists.

Of course, I eventually became a racist... but you see what drove me to it.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back