Latrodectus Hesperus

Discussion in 'Photography and Imaging' started by Bob Blaylock, Jul 15, 2017 at 6:49 PM.

1. Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,111
    Yes, I took those photos. I'm pretty sure that this is a female, albeit immature. I believe those stripes fade, and often disappear, as she reaches maturity.

2. Luddly Neddite

Luddly Neddite Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,409

Way back, packing to move from Colorado, I was working in the garage, felt a tickle, and there was a black widow walking across the back of my hand. I just watched and she went on. I did squash her after she was on the bench.

Arizona - lots of black widows and brow recluse. Where I am now, only brown recluse but there are a couple in the bathroom every night. They're not good swimmers, especially if they're squished. Poorly designed, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,307
    ---------------------------------------------- some might think that its a shame that you saw them Luddley !!

4. pismoe

pismoe Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,307
    aqua net and a lighter . And i remember as a kid and No Aquanet and it was probably about 1959 or thereabouts and i put a match to a cedar 2 by 4 in a friends parents garage , Man that 2 by 4 wanted to burn and burn quick . Luckily i was able put the fire out , man , i was lucky . ----------------- just a comment .