Latinos protest deportation roundups

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Captain_Steel, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Captain_Steel

Captain_Steel Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040617/us_nm/rights_immigrants_dc_1

Can you see how comfortable these people have become living here illegally. Now, that, for whatever reason, we are starting to enforce the law and deport these people who are here illegally, their brethen in the latino communitys are incensed at the "institutionalized fear" being spread now with the deportations. I heard this guy on a radio show yesterday, locally, and he has no REAL position. These people are ILLEGAL. Period. If they don't want to be deported they should've taken the steps to come here legally and work OVER the table instead of under it. Well, now that we're deporting them again the next step is the new prop 187. Just like the last one it bars illegals from collecting any kind of tax-funded welfare. If you ask me it's long overdue.

2. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,935
    400? What kind of token jesture is that?

They need to round up like 400,000 illegals, and then they might be doing something. And then lock down the borders with the Army so they don't just come right back. Like Cockroaches.

3. Patriot

Patriot BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have no problems with shipping them back to whence they came. I dont think people in America realize just how much those illegals are taxing our system. They arent just stray cats you know....

4. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Sure would make a lot of jobs available ! I don't buy that Americans wouldn't do the work. Some entrepeneur can turn this need into a gold mine !

6. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    i remember watching a movie in my spanish class in school where someone yelled something in Spanish that meant the INS people were coming, and when someone DID say it, like half the people nearby who were of Mexican descent bolted...does anyone know what that word is?

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    InmigraciĆ³n!

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    No its "la migra".

For all you people that are in favor of putting the military on the border i've got news for ya, we've already been there and done that. My brother when he was in on his 6 year Corps hitch, the Marines were stationed en masse on the border and here is how it went: they had blanks only, they were not allowed to engage only to report, basically they were window dressing. What you have to realize is the government of America no matter what party is in charge will not risk the international embarrassment and scorn it will bring if Marines start shooting illegals. I'm not saying whether its right or wrong it is just a fact, plus that liberals, on subjects such as this, hold way more sway on policy than conservatives. Face it, mass deportation or a military blockade of the borders will never happen.

9. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    which will lead to our rapid demise............

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Very well could although I believe that our demise will be caused by social political groups such as homosexuals rather than illegals.