Latino Lawmaker Rips Obama for Making It Harder for Illegals to Buy Private Insurance

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Already under fire from the Right on the issue of illegal immigration, President Obama is now coming under fire from the Left for making it harder for undocumented workers to buy private health insurance.

My colleagues, ABC News' Elizabeth Gorman and Teddy Davis, have more:

President Obama was blasted by a top Latino ally on Monday for modifying his health-care plan in the face of conservative criticism.

The criticism was leveled in Spanish by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, a Democrat from Illinois who was the first Latino member of Congress to endorse Barack Obama for president.

Referring to the Obama administration, Gutierrez said: "Those who should be our friends, our allies, are more and more giving Rep. (Joe) Wilson, R-S.C., exactly what he wants to continue with this prejudice against our community."

Gutierrez, who made his remarks in Washington, D.C., while participating in a panel discussion on immigration reform sponsored by the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, was incensed by the Obama administration's announcement over the weekend that it was going to bar undocumented workers from participating in the health insurance exchange.

Latino Lawmaker Rips Obama for Making It Harder for Illegals to Buy Private Insurance - George's Bottom Line

im a democrat give me free stuff

863720665_8d9f2b1f19.jpg

How is letting people buy insurance with their own money giving them stuff?

They should force change in their government and stop making us bend over for them. Or we should do something about it....make Mexico a 51st state.

"prejudice against our community."

Jeeeeeeeeeez! The "community" you talk about Gutierrez are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Gutierrez is a racist who loves to twist words and push for a open border.

115244-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I happen to agree with the idea that illegals should be MANDATED to buy health insurance. If Americans will be fined 3800 for not having it, so should the "undocumented"

Unfortunately, most would be eligible for free Medicare which is what this whole issue is about.

This entire thread proves illegals wont be allowed to be covered by this new plan. Good.

LOL..(by the way, this wont hurt obama with the hispanic vote, they wont EVER forget what the republicans did towards Sotomayor.....)

This entire thread proves illegals wont be allowed to be covered by this new plan. Good.

LOL..(by the way, this wont hurt obama with the hispanic vote, they wont EVER forget what the republicans did towards Sotomayor.....)

i love the way you ignorant fucks love to place everyone in your manageble little box.

What did they do towards Sotomayor?

What are you...an idiot? Since when do ILLEGAL ALIENS make enough money to afford their OWN health insurance? Simply put this is about giving away something to a bunch of lawbreakers THAT HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO IT!!!!

What are you...an idiot? Since when do ILLEGAL ALIENS make enough money to afford their OWN health insurance? Simply put this is about giving away something to a bunch of lawbreakers THAT HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO IT!!!!

Except that the bill already did not include illegal immigrants in any sort of subsidy.

What did they do towards Sotomayor?

Sotomayor ? Who's that ?

Gracias,

Jose

I happen to agree with the idea that illegals should be MANDATED to buy health insurance. If Americans will be fined 3800 for not having it, so should the "undocumented"

Unfortunately, most would be eligible for free Medicare which is what this whole issue is about.

NO. This is NOT about illegals getting free medicare. In 2006 a law and measures were put in place that made medicaid for illegals, against the law...and to receive medicaid you must be a documented citizen of the USA....

So THAT CAN'T be it...

I believe illegals MUST be allowed to buy health care, or we will be funding their emergency room visits, not thru medicaid, but through susidies our gvt gives hospitals for emergency room care.

Why should american citizens be fined for not purchasing health care insurance and illegals get a free ride with no penalty for not purchasing it and on top, we then pay their emergency room care?

This is simple as pie, to me.

Last edited:
Obama is letting the xenophobes dictate the debate. Logically, the more people that buy health care the lower the premiums for everyone.

According to a PEW INSTITUTE study, nearly half of illegal immigrants have health insurance.

Are you silly? Illegals are not just picking tomatoes in this country....they are everywhere, including in jobs where employers offer health care insurance benefits.

care

And why are the "conservatives" okay with the government telling insurance companies who they may sell to? One of the unsolved mysteries of all times.

And why are the "conservatives" okay with the government telling insurance companies who they may sell to? One of the unsolved mysteries of all times.

ABSOLUTELY my biggest concern.....

forcing private businesses to card every American to certify they are American before they can buy anything for themselves.

unfrickingbelievable! :evil:

As a religious person, i see this as -under the guise of finding illegals, these suckers will agree to ALL OF US HAVING A NUMBER, imprinted in our hand or head, beginning with 666 as the number code in order to BUY OR SELL in this country...

those who support a business NOW HAVING TO CARD us all in order to buy from them, are support EVIL and the movement of the Antichrist....so all ye right wing supposed religious lot, what do ye say to this movement YOU SUPPORT?:eek:

be careful for what you wish for....

Whether religious or not, I for one, do not believe our govt can constitutionally mandate that private businesses card us all before they can sell anything to us...and THIS IS WHAT you are saying the insurance companies must to...this is what the faux republican amendment that was shot down, wanted to do....make PRIVATE BUSINESSES CARD us all in order to buy from them....and that's bullcrap!

THE GOVT is the one who should be ensuring citizenship, NOT PRIVATE INSURANCE BUSINESS'S employees.

Care

Forum List

Back