Latino Groups Warn Congress to Fix Immigration, or Else

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well how lovely..

SNIP:

By JULIA PRESTON

WASHINGTON — The nation’s largest Latino organizations warned Congress on Wednesday that they will keep a report card during the immigration debate next year, with plans to mobilize their voters against lawmakers who do not support a comprehensive immigration bill.

At a news conference here, seven Latino groups and one labor union were showing their muscle, after the record turnout of Hispanic voters in the November elections played a pivotal role in President Obama’s re-election victory.

Janet Murguía, the president of N.C.L.R., also known as the National Council of La Raza, said the election had been a “game-changer” that conclusively “made the political case for a bipartisan solution” on immigration.

“We have worked to build our power and now we intend to use it,” Ms. Murguía said. “The bottom line,” she said, “is that Latino voters went to the polls with the economy on their minds but with immigration reform in their hearts.”

The leaders made it clear they expect quick action in 2013. They said the president and Congress should take up an immigration bill soon after Mr. Obama’s inauguration in January, with an eye toward completing passage of legislation by August.

The leaders said they would continue a joint campaign they led this year to naturalize Latino immigrants and to register and mobilize Latino voters. They said they would send results from the report card to those voters, to galvanize them during the debate and to guide their choices in the midterm elections in 2014.

“Make no mistake, we will be watching,” said Eliseo Medina, international secretary-treasurer of the Service Employees International Union, which led one of the most extensive Latino voter drives. The report card will show “who stood with us and who stood against us” on immigration reform, Mr. Medina said.

all of it here
Latino Groups Warn Congress to Fix Immigration, or Else - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
Don't get all hypocritical now, Stephanie.

Now, now...she just forgot about the Grover Norquist pledges with him threatening to primary anyone who breaks it. She probably forgot about the NRA's scorecard of legislators too. It happens. There's a lot going on in the world.

She's going to likely forget all about this thread.

Last edited:
Latinos make the same mistake democrats make warning Congress. They look around their latino districts and can't imagine a district that isn't latino. If they had 100% registration and vote participation, they still can't affect anything beyond their own latino districts. Democrats do this all the time by threatening to fire republican congressmen when they obviously can't. In national elections Latinos can affect the vote, but they still can't control it. In Congressional districts, they can't even have an effect. There is no threat to vote against a congressman that is going to have any bearing on a congressional vote beyond latino districts.

:lol:

Now, now...she just forgot about the Grover Norquist pledges with him threatening to primary anyone who breaks it. She probably forgot about the NRA's scorecard of legislators too. It happens. There's a lot going on in the world.

LOL, okey dokey..
that has a lot to do with the article

I got your vote ,now go fuck-off,we do not need any more burrito stands..........
$obama-sombrerofest.jpg

Wow! Imagine that! A group of people using their numbers to influence the government!

How un-American is that? Why...the next thing you know, we might actually have a democracy that works as it's supposed to!

LOL, okey dokey..

Does't it? You seem upset because a group plans on using the power of their VOTE to influence legislators. Does it bother you when Grover Norquist or the NRA does the same thing?

LOL, okey dokey..

Does't it? You seem upset because a group plans on using the power of their VOTE to influence legislators. Does it bother you when Grover Norquist or the NRA does the same thing?

oh, well what really caught my eye was that the SEIU union was involved..
with over 8% unemployment for Legal citizens of this country.

but hey, carry on

LOL, okey dokey..

but hey, carry on

Only a willfully blind dipshit thinks 8 percent unemployment has to do with immigrants, illegal or otherwise.

See, there was this REALLY BAD ECONOMIC CRASH. It was in all the papers. I'm surprised you did not hear about it.

Before that crash, we had unemployment at the lowest it could go. With the same number of illegal immigrants we have now. Maybe more.

but hey, carry on

Only a willfully blind dipshit thinks 8 percent unemployment has to do with immigrants, illegal or otherwise.

See, there was this REALLY BAD ECONOMIC CRASH. It was in all the papers. I'm surprised you did not hear about it.

Before that crash, we had unemployment at the lowest it could go. With the same number of illegal immigrants we have now. Maybe more.

go SEIU

but hey, carry on

For sure more...

NA-BO513_IMMIG_G_20111212182703.jpg

but hey, carry on

go SEIU

That's all you have, a piss drinker's bumper sticker mentality?

No wonder the GOP is getting its ass kicked. While you are blindly copying and pasting some manufactured bullshit, the left is out there working hard with no competition on the field.

The cause of the immigration problem and the solution are staring you right in the face.

The Right has gotten itself all sweaty over fags and negroes with free cell phones, and has allowed its fiscal conservatism to atrophy.

Now, I just told you we had virtually full employment even with, what, 12 million illegal immigrants? 20 million?

The bigger the number, the louder the answer you are ignoring. You are allowing your limited attention to be diverted by bigoted maniacs and idiots.

If you have full employment, and a lot of illegal workers, that SCREAMS a very simple market fact. It means your labor DEMAND is not being met with the proper labor SUPPLY. And when that happens, market forces will meet that demand one way or another, even if it means that labor supply has to get here by illegal means.

Our immigrant labor quota system is completely out of whack with our economy.

And that dysfunction has created the large illegal immigrant problem we have today.

You want to win the Hispanic vote? Then you fatten their wallets. We conservatives are at our strongest when it comes to fiscal matters.

But instead, what the fuck are you assholes doing? Sitting there, uttering profoundly retarded bumber sticker slogans fed to you by hateful ignoramuses. These people are actually getting PAID to keep you stupid.

Last edited:

go SEIU

No wonder the GOP is getting its ass kicked. While you are blindly copying and pasting some manufactured bullshit, the left is out there working hard with no competition on the field.

The cause of the immigration problem and the solution are staring you right in the face.

The Right has gotten itself all sweaty over fags and negroes with free cell phones, and has allowed its fiscal conservatism to atrophy.

Now, I just told you we had virtually full employment even with, what, 12 million illegal immigrants? 20 million?

The bigger the number, the louder the answer you are ignoring. You are allowing your limited attention to be diverted by bigoted maniacs and idiots.

If you have full employment, and a lot of illegal workers, that SCREAMS a very simple market fact. It means your labor DEMAND is not being met with the proper labor SUPPLY. And when that happens, market forces will meet that demand one way or another, even if it means that labor supply has to get here by illegal means.

And that dysfunction has created the large illegal immigrant problem we have today.

You want to win the Hispanic vote? Then you fatten their wallets. We conservatives are at our strongest when it comes to fiscal matters.

But instead, what the fuck are you assholes doing? Sitting there, uttering profoundly retarded bumber sticker slogans fed to you by hateful ignoramuses.

no, I wasn't responding to your condescending rant is all but I'm glad you got this off your chest..maybe you need a break...lol

sheesh:cuckoo:

But instead, what the fuck are you assholes doing? Sitting there, uttering profoundly retarded bumber sticker slogans fed to you by hateful ignoramuses.

no, I wasn't responding to your condescending rant is all but I'm glad you got this off your chest..maybe you need a break...lol

sheesh:cuckoo:

No. I'm sick and tired of alleged "conservatives" posting repetitive topics about how many Christmas trees Obama has this year, how many vacations his wife took, how his signature looks like a penis, and a seemingly infinite number of profoundly retarded copy and paste jobs.

Christ, this election taught the dipshits NOTHING.

Forum List

Back