Latino gang violence in Portland OR, another reason for immigration reform

Originally posted by Kathianne
White is beautiful. There have been plenty of white Miss America's. So you are afraid that white women don't stack up against black, Hispanic, or Asian? They need their own???
Is that your theory on why they do have a Miss Black America pageant, because blacks feel they can't stack up against Whites?

Originally posted by Big D
Is that your theory on why they do have a Miss Black America pageant, because blacks feel they can't stack up against Whites?

I've always thought it a mistake on their part, yes.

So you are afraid that white women don't stack up against black, Hispanic, or Asian? They need their own???
I don't know if you meant to or not, but you have given a excellent example of how white folks are attack for taking any pride in themselfs.

I don't know if you meant to or not, but you have given a excellent example of how white folks are attack for taking any pride in themselfs.

I just KNOW I'm going to regret this, but make your point.:rolleyes:

I've always thought it a mistake on their part, yes.
You might just think it to be a "mistake", but if white folks did that it would be viewed as HATE.

You might just think it to be a "mistake", but if white folks did that it would be viewed as HATE.

Well they had it for years, but I think pagents as a whole are stupid, but that's me. I think any Social group makes a mistake in being exclusionary in the US. I think the same about Black universities, though they are changing.

I think any Social group makes a mistake in being exclusionary in the US. I think the same about Black universities, though they are changing.
Like I said, you might think the way blacks have their own private groups based on skin color is a "mistake", but if white folks tried to do that it would be illegal.

Forum List

Back