Latino gang violence in Portland OR, another reason for immigration reform

Yes, the "latinos" are just a hard working people. Here to work and live in peace with their neighbors....Tell that to the frightened people of Portland, OR who are dealing with the negative effects of these immigrants' children.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/108799236784500.xml

Places in America that were traditionally free from gang activity are now hotbeds for gang-related graffiti, theft, drugs, and violence (including murder). And its all due to the ungodly flow of Mexicans entering this country legally, and illegally. The culprits in this story, ARE, after all THEIR children!! Just another argument for immigration reform.

We're obviously letting too many Mexicans into this country. So many that they alot of them are living in poverty and crime, as their children, in turn, do as well. There are not enough jobs for these people and even if there were....Do we really want them here?

BTW- check out my immigration poem- http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7854

You don't have to tell me about how fast hispanics can ruin any area, I left the San Fernando Valley about 10 years ago because hispanics turned this once beautiful place into a complete shithole.

Here is my story:

Moved To America
I grew up in a area of LA called the San Fernando Valley, as a kid I thought it was the greatest place ever to live. Lots of friends and family, leave your doors unlocked on you cars and homes, no crime or gangs.

At 18 I got a job with the City of L.A as a lineman, my apprenticeship was all in the city of Compton, South Central. and East L.A. I was part of the city's "diversity" training program where I worked on the streets of these city's every day. These areas of L.A are ALL black and hispanic areas. At the time I thought this was a great thing, I had learned in school just like everyone else about racism, slavery and segregation and how bad whites have always treated blacks. I felt the guilt of all this and looked forward to showing blacks and hispanics that I was not that way.

Well, being in a area of All blacks and hispanics it does not take long for anyone of any intelligence to realize that all the problems that blacks and hispanics have, are created by themselfs. I would come home from work, back to my all white neighborhood and tell all my friends and family about my new "racist" views. They responded much like alot of you, that I was "hateful, racist".

I debated for years weather I was racist or hateful, but I had to be honest with both myself and others, everyday the evidence of the differences betwen the different races was more apparent. During these same years I noticed the changes going on in my own neighborhood at home. Hispanics (illegal alians) were moving in at a alarming rate, more apartments and low income housing were being built to accommodate these people. Of course my friends and family and my girlfriend at the time all thought this was a great thing because now they had more chances to prove that they were not racist either.

At about my 7 year of working for the city of L.A we had the L.A riots, at first what I thought was a terrible thing turned out to be a blessing. Because I am white I could not work in these areas anymore because they knew my safety was in danger because of the color of my skin. I was transfered to work in the Valley, working in a white neigborhood things were totaly different, having to worry about my safety as I did for years in the ALL black and hispanic neighborhoods was no longer a issue.

Sadly these white neighborhoods started to change to hispanic and black neighborhoods. Even though it was very early in the change I knew of the things to come.

I began to tell my now pregnate wife that I wanted to move, and move far. Her and her family and my family hated the idea of us moving, lots of fights, and I am amazed that we are still together. When our little girl was born, I knew I had to do what was best for her, I forced the issue and quit my job.

I moved us to a little town in Idaho http://sandpoint.com/ got a job with the local power company bought a nice little house in town and I was happy. My wife hated it and me, her family hated me my family hated me, but I had to do what I thought was right.

We would go to L.A at least twice a year and visit family and friends, and every time we would visit the changes in this once great area and neigborhood became more and more apparant.
Graffti everywhere, gangs, crime, rape, murder were now out of control in the Valley. The hispanic population in the Valley became one of the largest in the country in the fastest time. The friends I had in the area were now themselfs moving. The friends and family that stayed put alarms and bars on there cars and homes and had to change there way of life as they had known.

It has been almost 11 years now since that move and things have changed quite a bit. We now have four children, three girls and a boy. I invented a few things that did quite well and my wife will graduate in July to be a pharmacist. We now have 18 acres with a family homes and two guest homes we also board horses.
O yea, her family and mine have since then moved here and they love it, not a day goes by that I don't get the feeling of thanks from them all for doing what I did 11 years ago.

I wish I could end this story here but there is one last note.

One of my high school friends that never moved from the old neighborhood called me about 3 months ago, sadly his 12 year old daughter was raped by a gang of hispanics, as he cried on the phone I insisted that they come stay with us, they were here with in two days. The mother and daughter have been here since, my friend has gone back to sell his house and quit his job. They want to move here and I am going to help them.

The other day I took the kids skiing, as we reached the top of the mountain my daughter pointed out a rainbow over the lake to all of us, it was the first time I had seen my friends daughter smile.

Wow, what story. My parents moved me out of CA in 1990 when I was 10 to Seattle. I came back here in 2001 just to see what it was like. Of course the way you remember a place as a child is different then the way it is as an adult. Not to mention the immigrant problem has gotten completely out of hand.

I don't plan on staying here forever that's for sure. I'm probably gonna head back up to suburban Seattle although sadly, it's starting to happen up there too. In the little towns is where it's felt harder. Up near Anacortes, WA where my mom worked as a public school administrator, about five mexicans families moved into town and the kids started going to the elementary. Just because of that the tiny school decided to start offering bi-lingual education for them. Just because a handful moved in they're catering to them in that way. Unfortunately, they will probably tell more of them to go up there from Mexico or CA and in time it will be just like the small towns in the Central Valley of CA....Destitute, burned out like a third world village. Just because some liberals offered bi-lingual education.

Anyways, that's cool that you are happy there in ID. I once drove from Seattle to Washington State University in Pullman, WA. While we were there we drove 30 miles or so over the state line to Moscow, ID to see the piranhas feed at the pet store. Can they still sell those things out there? It's god's country out there. Beautiful. I miss the trees and waterfalls and mountains and stuff. I mean, they have that here in CA but you'd have to drive like 300 miles to get to it. Up there it's just all around you.

Anyways, I try to keep with facts and practical opinions instead of racial slurs and the like and it seems you operate the same. Still, I'm amazed at all the people calling you a racist!! Sometimes, the truth hits hard. Especially numbers...Noone can argue with numbers.

BTW -- did they ever catch the slime that raped your friend's daughter?

I'm from Sacramento, actually Elk Grove, CA most of my life and you're portrayal of central California towns is highly exaggerated as if you are stretching the truth to prove your point. Is that whats happening here? I've been to em all, Fresno, Merced, Visalia, Stockton, Turlock, Ripon, Salinas, Atwater and none of those or the little places around them have areas even remotely resembling a third world country.

Did you know that actually California was originally Mexico along with AZ, NM and TX?

Lol bilingual education he blames!

Originally posted by OCA
I'm from Sacramento, actually Elk Grove, CA most of my life and you're portrayal of central California towns is highly exaggerated as if you are stretching the truth to prove your point. Is that whats happening here? I've been to em all, Fresno, Merced, Visalia, Stockton, Turlock, Ripon, Salinas, Atwater and none of those or the little places around them have areas even remotely resembling a third world country.

Did you know that actually California was originally Mexico along with AZ, NM and TX?

Lol bilingual education he blames!
You live in Washington D.C, anywhere else in the world is going to look good to you.

Originally posted by Big D
You live in Washington D.C, anywhere else in the world is going to look good to you.

That statement right there proves you have no realistic idea of any town outside the Valley and Sandpoint.

You might want to stay out of these conversations and let the big boys handle it.

Originally posted by OCA
That statement right there proves you have no realistic idea of any town outside the Valley and Sandpoint.

You might want to stay out of these conversations and let the big boys handle it.

Your opinion carries no more, or less, weight than his does. It's all about the experience. deal with it.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Your opinion carries no more, or less, weight than his does. It's all about the experience. deal with it.

Yes it does. His experience and his judgement of places he's never experienced is telling, don't ya think? Or are you in lockstep agreement now with D? That would be sad and show a certain amount of weakness.

Originally posted by OCA
Yes it does. His experience and his judgement of places he's never experienced is telling, don't ya think? Or are you in lockstep agreement now with D? That would be sad and show a certain amount of weakness.

no, it doesn't. why must you attribute this 'greater than thou' attitude to yourself when you're no more deserving of it than anyone else?

I don't think his experience and judgement is any better or worse than your's on a number of subjects.

whats sad is that you don't realize that you're the one with the attitude problem.

no, it doesn't. why must you attribute this 'greater than thou' attitude to yourself when you're no more deserving of it than anyone else?

I don't think his experience and judgement is any better or worse than your's on a number of subjects.

whats sad is that you don't realize that you're the one with the attitude problem.

Lol I guess you might want to bring in an opinion I respect a little more.

It is undoubtedly and beyond a shadow of a doubt weakminded to base your opinion of a complete race on a couple of life experiences. That is weakminded and not even open for argument really.

Originally posted by OCA
Lol I guess you might want to bring in an opinion I respect a little more.

I was never concerned with trying to gain your respect.

It is undoubtedly and beyond a shadow of a doubt weakminded to base your opinion of a complete race of a couple of life experiences. That is weakminded and not even open for argument really.

its also weakminded to automatically assume someones stance without comprehending whats written. Nowhere have I said that my two experiences in the last two months characterizes my feelings on the entire group of blacks. You assumed that simply because I said D might be right.

Let me tell you how it is OCA, you're opinion is exactly that, yours. Its not right, nor is it wrong. You are not the end all be all of knowing how race relations and perceptions are in this world. The sooner you realize that you don't know everything, the better off you might be.

Yes you are, its human nature.

its also weakminded to automatically assume someones stance without comprehending whats written. Nowhere have I said that my two experiences in the last two months characterizes my feelings on the entire group of blacks. You assumed that simply because I said D might be right.

So i'm supposed to assume alternately from your own words? Your experience from your stepson and the lawnmower lady and the fact that you saw color in these two instances and the fact that you brought color up we are supposed to figure that your view hasn't changed?

Originally posted by OCA

Yes you are, its human nature.

this alone tells me you know little of human nature, despite your claim otherwise.

So i'm supposed to assume alternately from your own words? Your experience from your stepson and the lawnmower lady and the fact that you saw color in these two instances and the fact that you brought color up we are supposed to figure that your view hasn't changed?

You're not supposed to assume anything. I posted my two experiences and mentioned the possibility that D may be right. All you are supposed to do is read it and understand that I posted my opinion on things.

Funny how any negative experiences whites have had with Hispanics, blacks, etc. don't count among the "legitimate" experiences they've had, from which they can base their opinions. No, in fact, these things never happened, Big Multiracial Brother tells us. They were figments of your racist imagination.

But if you saw on television that Hispanic immigrants are all just hard-working, law-abiding folks, now THAT is the sort of "reality" that's "legitimate."

Lather brain with lies, rinse of reality, repeat.

America's Racial Shampoo.

Originally posted by William Joyce
Funny how any negative experiences whites have had with Hispanics, blacks, etc. don't count among the "legitimate" experiences they've had, from which they can base their opinions. No, in fact, these things never happened, Big Multiracial Brother tells us. They were figments of your racist imagination.

But if you saw on television that Hispanic immigrants are all just hard-working, law-abiding folks, now THAT is the sort of "reality" that's "legitimate."

Lather brain with lies, rinse of reality, repeat.

America's Racial Shampoo.
You're right. has anybody read David Horowitz's book on this? I think it is titled "Hating Whitey". I heard it's pretty good.

What make this more sicking is the fact that to say ANYTHING positive about white folks is clearly viewed as racist.

What make this more sicking is the fact that to say ANYTHING positive about white folks is clearly viewed as racist.

What are you ranting about with now? Give some examples please. :eek:

Originally posted by Kathianne
What are you ranting about with now? Give some examples please. :eek:
Well Kathianne,

What if I said white is beautiful?

Or if I said white women are so beautiful they should have a Miss White America pageant?

Well Kathianne,

What if I said white is beautiful?

Or if I said white women are so beautiful they should have a Miss White America pageant?

White is beautiful. There have been plenty of white Miss America's. So you are afraid that white women don't stack up against black, Hispanic, or Asian? They need their own???

Well now, they do have BET (Black Entertainment Television)
Personally I think we need a WET.
And it should feature WET T-shirt contests every night in a viewer voted contest like survivor.........

:boobies: :funnyface

Forum List

Back