Latest Washinton Post / ABC News Poll

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Washington Post-ABC News Poll (washingtonpost.com)

I see that the formatting didn't translate. I'll try to fix it.

I'm not going to list all the different categories, and will leave it up to you to post the parts that interest you.

What interests me:

75799200.png

15c66ab3.png

24cc5bb4.png

aae6e96a.png

e9f49409.png

1fd73649.png

Last edited:
They don't explain who they polled (their political lean).

But looks like Obama isn't doing too well...

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president? Do you approve/disapprove strongly or somewhat?
47% approve
48% disapprove

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy?
39% approve
57% disapprove

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Obama is handling the federal budget deficit?
38% approve
60% disapprove

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Obama is handling taxes?
45% approve
47% disapprove

Has Obama been too willing or not willing enough to compromise with the leadership of the Republican Party on the budget deficit?
Too willing 29%
Not willing enough 58%

Do you think large cuts in federal spending would do more to (create jobs) or do more to (cut jobs) in this country?
create jobs 47%
cut jobs 44%

On another subject: Thinking about the next election in November 2012, right now, are you inclined to vote to re-elect your representative in Congress, or are you inclined to look around for someone else to vote for? (notice the lack of party affiliation in this question, unlike most of the others??)
re-elect 30%
look around 63%

See? I can cherry pick just certain points in a poll too.

Last edited:

*snip*

That's fine. I said I was going to highlight what I found interesting.

But the disapproval of Obama pales to the high numbers of the Repubs, who get 67% and 68% disapproval of their handling of the economy and the federal deficit.

*snip*

But the disapproval of Obama pales to the high numbers of the Repubs, who get 67% and 68% disapproval of their handling of the economy and the federal deficit.

right... and avoid the points you didn't like, like the plague. We know... we know.

*snip*

right... and avoid the points you didn't like, like the plague. We know... we know.

Fuck off, retard. Re-read what I wrote at the beginning of the OP.

Synthaholic said:
I'm not going to list all the different categories, and will leave it up to you to post the parts that interest you.

What interests me:

So nobody wants to talk about the Republicans' 68% disapproval numbers?

No, because we'd rather talk about Obama's dismal numbers, which you were kind enough to provide.

Disapprovals of...
overall 48%
on economy 57%
the deficit 60%
taxes 47%

compromise with the GOP...
58% not willing enough

Combined, they are overall much worse than the disapproval numbers for the GOP, and mean much more when it comes to determining his possible re-election chances... which are not looking that great right now.

I do ;)

No, because we'd rather talk about Obama's dismal numbers, which you were kind enough to provide.

Disapprovals of...
overall 48%
on economy 57%
the deficit 60%
taxes 47%

compromise with the GOP...
58% not willing enough

Combined, they are overall much worse than the disapproval numbers for the GOP, and mean much more when it comes to determining his possible re-election chances... which are not looking that great right now.
deflection08x11r.jpg

Fuck off, retard. Re-read what I wrote at the beginning of the OP.

Synthaholic said:

What interests me:
Conservative's don't like to follow instructions when it doesn't suit their agenda.

I'd like to see the localities they polled, especially for the Post. The reason is the Post's main readership is located in Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC, all three areas are Democrat strongholds. If this was their polling base then the numbers are going to be skewed when it comes to any question concerning the Republicans, if the poll is more nationally diverse then the numbers should actually mean something.

Polls aren't worth much IMO.

It all depends on the questions asked and who are they asking?

Shit anyone polling can skew any poll any which way.

Ain't worth much in my book.

Forum List

Back