Latest tea party target: Its own convention

My reaction is "and so". When did it become a crime to fund political fund raisers with big fancy dinner plates. I'm pretty sure most organizations do this in some form but what you are tying to do is to paint it as an evil when some of us don't see anything dishonest about it.

Perception is everything. If you claim the government is taxing you to death and then gorge yourself on lobster and filet mignon in a 5 star resort....you will be seen by the Democrats as having a little to spare and then say "what the fuck are you bitching about fat cat!!!!':eek:

The same reasoning also applies to unions so the next time the complain about not getting enough money then I'll point out the cadilac health insurance plan.

My reaction is "and so". When did it become a crime to fund political fund raisers with big fancy dinner plates. I'm pretty sure most organizations do this in some form but what you are tying to do is to paint it as an evil when some of us don't see anything dishonest about it.

I don't think anyone is trying to paint anything as "evil". Hypocritical, maybe.

This is just a opportunist trying to make a profit - and failing, as the link said. Now he's just trying to "break even".

One of the biggest disadvantages (and advantages, but that's for a different point) that the Tea Party movement has is it's autonomy. There's no "offcial" Tea Party organization - which means that anyone who wants can claim to speak for the "tea party" - and make themselves a convention in an attempt to make a profit.

Perception is everything. If you claim the government is taxing you to death and then gorge yourself on lobster and filet mignon in a 5 star resort....you will be seen by the Democrats as having a little to spare and then say "what the fuck are you bitching about fat cat!!!!':eek:

The same reasoning also applies to unions so the next time the complain about not getting enough money then I'll point out the cadilac health insurance plan.

That's your right.

Good...it does sound like a set-up by someone hoping to discredit them. I hope they don't attend...the movement isn't about steak and lobster dinners and fancy hotels. It's about Americans taking back their government

It's good to see the tea partiers standing up to this though.

And I'm thinking it's someone looking to profit rather than discredit.

Folks I have talked to are absolutely not going to take part in it unless they change venues. So far Mr. Phillips is holding his ground. We'll see what happens. Hopefully it will work itself out for the benefit of the people.

I don't think anyone is trying to paint anything as "evil". Hypocritical, maybe.

This is just a opportunist trying to make a profit - and failing, as the link said. Now he's just trying to "break even".

One of the biggest disadvantages (and advantages, but that's for a different point) that the Tea Party movement has is it's autonomy. There's no "offcial" Tea Party organization - which means that anyone who wants can claim to speak for the "tea party" - and make themselves a convention in an attempt to make a profit.

Hypocritical???? That is kind of strange since most Tparty people are conservative and don't believe that it is a moral imparative to rape and burn the rich every chance they get. There is no hypocracy because they did not choose a moral code that condemns the rich as evil. Now the real hypocracy lies in Michael Moore types who condemn the rich and somehow manages to be one of them at the same time.

Hypocritical???? That is kind of strange since most Tparty people are conservative and don't believe that it is a moral imparative to rape and burn the rich every chance they get. There is no hypocracy because they did not choose a moral code that condemns the rich as evil. Now the real hypocracy lies in Michael Moore types who condemn the rich and somehow manages to be one of them at the same time.

You're going off on a tangent that is irrelevant to the conversation. When did Michael Moore enter the topic?

It's hypocritical because real grassroots movements aren't led by elites who can afford a $550 dollar a plate fundraiser. It's hypocritical because this is an example of a man who decided to capitalize on a grassroots movement for his own personal profit.

By the way, I never hear Liberals condemning the rich for being rich - I only ever hear "conservatives" claiming that they do. In fact, just like everyone on these boards loves to point out - Warren Buffet and George Soros are 2 of the richest men in the world, and are both left-wing Democrats.

Forum List

Back