Latest Rasmussen poll

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 30% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of –7 (see trends).

The Rasmussen Consumer Index shows that consumer confidence is down again on Friday. That’s the sixth straight daily decline and confidence is now at the lowest level since mid-March. Just 8% rate the economy as good or excellent while 62% say it’s in poor shape.

For the second straight month, voters are more likely to trust Republicans than Democrats on the economy. A Rasmussen video report notes that most Americans say the efforts of the G-8 leaders are not likely to help the economy. And, 59% reject the Pope’s call for more international regulation of the economy.

Later today, Rasmussen Reports will release new polling data on campaign finance reform. Premium Members can get an advance look at the results along with Scott Rasmussen’s Daily Briefing.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter.

Overall, 51% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove. The pattern of overall approval leaning in the President’s direction but the number with strong opinions leaning the other way is also reflected in public reaction to health care reform and climate change legislation. For other barometers of the President’s performance, see Obama By the Numbers or review recent demographic highlights from the tracking polls.

Please take our Daily Prediction Challenge and predict the results of upcoming polls. Among other topics, you can predict where the President’s approval index will be on September 30 and what percentage of Americans believe Michael Jackson will be remembered primarily for his legal troubles.

(More)
Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

This administration is facing its first true test of public dissaproval.

Dramatic shift against Obama - and an even more dramatic shift against his and the Democrat Congress policies.

There are several USMB posters who voted for Obama, but don't want to admit it. When you bring up that fact, they become angry and change the subject. You know who you are.

Tried to include the graph, but, for some reason, the image just wouldn't come up. You know what they say about a picture. ::: sigh :::

tried to include the graph, but, for some reason, the image just wouldn't come up. You know what they say about a picture. ::: Sigh :::

$obama_index_0710.jpg

(Click for even more disapproval)

There are several USMB posters who voted for Obama, but don't want to admit it. When you bring up that fact, they become angry and change the subject. You know who you are.

I still strongly approve. :D

Overall, 51% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove

thats gtting into people that voted for him

Yeah but given a choice between him and McCain/Palin they'd probably still vote for him. <evil>

Yeah but given a choice between him and McCain/Palin they'd probably still vote for him. <evil>

That choice is no longer available. The issue now is what do you think of the job that he is doing? The job that anybody else might have done is moot.

If you like political paybacks, partisan rewards, a failing economy, clueless leadership, misleading oratory and corruption beyond any imagination of the past, you must love our current situation.

I did not vote for him, but in a lemonade reaction to his victory, I did warily "somewhat approve" of his promises of cooperation and bi-partisan leadership. His actual agenda of welfare state establishment and harsh partisanism has revealed his actual colors.

Like millions, I've moved unretrievably into the Strongly Disapprove group.

Two questions will dominate the mid term elections:

Are you better off now than you were two years ago?
and
Have you had enough?

Last edited:

That choice is no longer available. The issue now is what do you think of the job that he is doing? The job that anybody else might have done is moot.

If you like political paybacks, partisan rewards, a failing economy, clueless leadership, misleading oratory and corruption beyond any imagination of the past, you must love our current situation.

I did not vote for him, but in a lemonade reaction to his victory, I did warily "somewhat approve" of his promises of cooperation and bi-partisan leadership. His actual agenda of welfare state establishment and harsh partisanism has revealed his actual colors.

Like millions, I've moved unretrievably into the Strongly Disapprove group.

Two questions will dominate the mid term elections:

Are you better off now than you were two years ago?
and
Have you had enough?
you mean like when he told the GOP leaders in congress "I won"

Promising the masses the "moon & stars" worked to get him elected. But--when the rubber meets the road reality has set in. This is why his poll numbers are trending down. In Ohio his poll numbers have dropped 14 points within the last two weeks.

The stimulus is not working--people are finally realising what's in this stimulus--which is billions--that have nothing to do with stimulating the economy. Political pay-backs--pork--earmarks--which amount to in many cases an absolutely ridiculous spending spree.

Americans are more concerned about this spending & deficits than ever. Obama is way down in the negative column on this.

Overall, 51% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Forty-eight percent (48%) disapprove

So, now to the cliches....

The honeymoon is over.

The blinders are coming off.

The "hope" for "change you can believe in" is waning.

Did I miss anything?

Promising the masses the "moon & stars" worked to get him elected. But--when the rubber meets the road reality has set in. This is why his poll numbers are trending down. In Ohio his poll numbers have dropped 14 points within the last two weeks.

The stimulus is not working--people are finally realising what's in this stimulus--which is billions--that have nothing to do with stimulating the economy. Political pay-backs--pork--earmarks--which amount to in many cases an absolutely ridiculous spending spree.

Americans are more concerned about this spending & deficits than ever. Obama is way down in the negative column on this.

Why is it that "the masses" never seem to remember that they ALWAYS get duped?

So, now to the cliches....

The honeymoon is over.

The blinders are coming off.

The "hope" for "change you can believe in" is waning.

Did I miss anything?
oh, maybe "yes we can't"
LOL

Forum List

Back