Latest Puerto Rico death toll more than doubles

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Puerto Rico's death toll from Hurricane Maria more than doubles to 34

Just hours earlier when President Donald Trump visited the island to survey the damage the official death toll remained as it has for days at 16 dead.

-----------

95% of the Island still has no power. That means no communication 20 miles outside the city and beyond.
The death toll will only rise.

It's only started. This will be worse than Katrina where Republicans watched people die on their roof tops. They didn't care then. They won't care now.

Just hours earlier when President Donald Trump visited the island to survey the damage the official death toll remained as it has for days at 16 dead.

-----------

95% of the Island still has no power. That means no communication 20 miles outside the city and beyond.

It's only started. This will be worse than Katrina where Republicans watched people die on their roof tops. They didn't care then. They won't care now.

Terrific! The recovery in Puerto Rico is going GREAT!

It's nothing like Katrina though.

• Banned

-----------

Yea, fantastic, I'm sure.

-----------

Yea, fantastic, I'm sure.

"While “every death is a horror,” Trump told Puerto Rican officials, they “can be very proud” that only 16 deaths have been counted so far as a result of Maria. He compared the number with “a real catastrophe” like Hurricane Katrina in 2005, which caused more than 1,800 fatalities when it slammed into Louisiana and Alabama."

Trump says Puerto Rico didn't suffer a 'real catastrophe' like Katrina

It's very sad to have family there, and to see what a joke it seems to Trump and his supporters that they have no power, water, or ability to communicate with the outside world. My cousins, aunts and uncle, and grandmother are in lines waiting to get water from trucks like in videos you see coming from 3rd world countries in Africa and other places like that. It's crazy. I haven't heard from any of them since Saturday, and even that was after several days of silence.

And we have the 'Conservatives' here telling us that they are not really Americans. What shitty people the 'Conservatives' are.

Maybe those lazy deadbeats should try taking care of themselves for a change. Maybe they should have constructed their homes and infrastructure in a way that doesn't get destroyed by a storm or two.

Maybe those lazy deadbeats should try taking care of themselves for a change. Maybe they should have constructed their homes and infrastructure in a way that doesn't get destroyed by a storm or two.

You realize that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and the U.S. government is involved in making sure they have a good infrastructure...

And those in Florida and Texas? What an asshole you are.

It's very sad to have family there, and to see what a joke it seems to Trump and his supporters that they have no power, water, or ability to communicate with the outside world. My cousins, aunts and uncle, and grandmother are in lines waiting to get water from trucks like in videos you see coming from 3rd world countries in Africa and other places like that. It's crazy. I haven't heard from any of them since Saturday, and even that was after several days of silence.

Sorry to hear that Old School..I hope that you hear from them soon.

I wish the best for your family. Hard to wait for news from loved ones when they are in danger.

You realize that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory and the U.S. government is involved in making sure they have a good infrastructure...
Local governments build a lot of infrastructure. Houses are almost exclusively built by private entities as far as I am aware.

Local governments build a lot of infrastructure. Houses are almost exclusively built by private entities as far as I am aware.

Houses have NOTHING to do with the infrastructure of power lines, power plants, roads, dams, highways, shipping ports...

Last edited:
Is that a dead child as your avatar?

Not even an adult.

God are you sick.

And the mods don't care? Really? That's just nasty.

-----------

The PR teamsters dont give a fuck

-----------

The PR teamsters dont give a fuck
I don't know what you are talking about.

Unless you are repeating that fake news lie that PR Truck drivers are on strike. But you won't do that. Even you aren't that low.

Houses have NOTHING to do with the infrastructure of power lines, power plants, roads, damns, highways, shipping ports...
Did you read what I said?

Maybe they should have constructed their homes and infrastructure in a way that doesn't get destroyed by a storm or two.

I was talking about homes AND infrastructure.

People are waiting in lines for food, water, gas, etc. Uh, what part of the entire island was obliterated do people not get? You expect everything to be up and running? smdh

New Topics

Forum List

Back