Latest polls....

Polls mean nothing until at least Labor Day. It is WAY too early to start trying to draw meanings off of polls - regardless of who is leading.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Polls mean nothing until at least Labor Day. It is WAY too early to start trying to draw meanings off of polls - regardless of who is leading.

I know, but they are still fun to pick apart. Especially when they favor Bush!

Originally posted by gop_jeff

Right. I suggested to the table at dinner tonight that it is kind of strange that Bush has gone up in the polls recently as things have gotten worse in Iraq. Any ideas? I mean, you would think it would be the other way around.

No one really had an answer to that one.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Right. I suggested to the table at dinner tonight that it is kind of strange that Bush has gone up in the polls recently as things have gotten worse in Iraq. Any ideas? I mean, you would think it would be the other way around.

People see that he has a plan for Iraq and the War on Terror. It is only natural for people to rally around the President during a crisis.

I heard a political commentator (no one whose name I remember) addressing this question the other day. His explanation was that Bush is strongly considered by the american public to be better at dealing with terrorism and protecting the U.S. (his words, not mine), so that when the Iraq situation is brought to the forefront (by pretty much any news) this helps Bush. Of course that might change if things continue to go badly for the next several months.

Originally posted by Reilly
I heard a political commentator (no one whose name I remember) addressing this question the other day. His explanation was that Bush is strongly considered by the american public to be better at dealing with terrorism and protecting the U.S. (his words, not mine), so that when the Iraq situation is brought to the forefront (by pretty much any news) this helps Bush. Of course that might change if things continue to go badly for the next several months.

Thanks, Reilly.
Now I get it.
I was forgetting that bad news can = good publicity.
But yeah, like you said, only so much bad news or people will cease to think he is doing a good job.

Seriously, what did he get in the last election--2.5%?

I can't recall, but I wasn't too happy about it, and it dropped precipitously between election day and the day before. Which is what will likely happen again this year. Whatever he has the day before, cut it in half, and that is what he'll end up with.

Seriously, what did he get in the last election--2.5%?

Yeah, something close to that:
George W. Bush Republican 50,456,002
Albert A. Gore Democratic 50,999,897
Ralph Nader Green Party 2,882,955

link

Originally posted by Zhukov
I can't recall, but I wasn't too happy about it, and it dropped precipitously between election day and the day before. Which is what will likely happen again this year. Whatever he has the day before, cut it in half, and that is what he'll end up with.

I wanted him to get his 5% and get on the ballot.
I actually voted for him in 2000 in NY state.
Nobody could really call me a spoiler because Reps never take NY.
Anyone know when the last time they diod was? Or a place I could find this sort of stat?

Its amazing that despite all the crap the Dems have thrown against Bush, none of its sticking. He is actually gaining strength in the polls. If nothing changes there is going to be a serious landslide.

But, this is politics. something is bound to change. Either to push it more in Bush's favor or into Kerry's favor.

Ive heard that the Dems are fed up with Kerry's lack of personality that they may end up nominating someone else at the convention. I doubt it though.

Regardless, I predict alot of Liberals who are going to be shocked, confused, and angry come november. And possibly even militant.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Its amazing that despite all the crap the Dems have thrown against Bush, none of its sticking. He is actually gaining strength in the polls. If nothing changes there is going to be a serious landslide.

But, this is politics. something is bound to change. Either to push it more in Bush's favor or into Kerry's favor.

Ive heard that the Dems are fed up with Kerry's lack of personality that they may end up nominating someone else at the convention. I doubt it though.

Regardless, I predict alot of Liberals who are going to be shocked, confused, and angry come november. And possibly even militant.

The DNP is kinda fucked. Gore, Kerry, Dean... this is the best they can do?
Lieberman is kinda cool but too much of a whiny little bitch.
I give up. Yeah I think I'll become a militant Dem come fall.
Look out! I'll whack you with my bong god damn it!

Interesting, thanks. Mondale did real well!
And Reagan won NY in '80.
And Nixon before him...

Forum List

Back