Latest oceanic heat content shows warming of our oceans!

Subduction caused by altered trade winds. The warm surface water was replaced with cooler water from the depths. You've been told that at least a half a dozen times. Try to hang on to these things, eh

You keep changing the story, you started by saying "Excess heat" was a fiction. Now CO2 is altering trade winds and bringing up cold water from the depths like summoning the Kraken

The alarmist stories continue to evolve.. Pretty soon they cant remember the lies they have told and right now those lies are being brought up and they are being questioned about why their "predictions" never come to pass..

They screwed themselves permanently and irreparable by saying "the ocean ate my global warming"

I don't recall anyone on my side of this argument ever saying such a thing. I think that was you. So, it didn't hurt us in the least.

AR5 claim that the oceans "Absorbed" imaginary "Excess heat" is another way of saying "the ocean ate my global warming"

The oceans have absorbed excess heat energy, Frank. They ALWAYS have. Jesus, Frank, you can NOT be as stupid as you seem here.

The oceans have absorbed excess heat energy, Frank. They ALWAYS have. Jesus, Frank, you can NOT be as stupid as you seem here.

Drop the "excess" and ya got a deal.. Twelfth time.. The oceans (according to best measurements) have been absorbing THE SAME AMOUNT OF HEAT every year since we could accurately measure that in the 60s.

Not absorbing "excess".. And as an explanation for the pause in GWarming --- it fails immediately and badly...

ALTHOUGH --- there COULD BE a nonlinear relationship with atmos temp that kicks in at some "excess value", but that value is NOT related to the majority of the temperature blip we call modern Global Warming..

Also heating at 1000m could be a very delayed reaction to heating coming out of the LIA or solar forcing..

You guys are wasting your time.......Crick is the smartest guy in the ENVIRONMENT forum hands down and he knows it. C'mon......look at that avatar pic......take in the whole presentation there......stance.......background. Boldly states, "IM CRICK......KNOWER OF ALL AND ENVIRONMENTAL GURU. WHO ELSE WOULD I BE?!!"

I would love to do some psychological testing on this guy...particularly a DAP.!!!

Subduction caused by altered trade winds. The warm surface water was replaced with cooler water from the depths. You've been told that at least a half a dozen times. Try to hang on to these things, eh

You keep changing the story, you started by saying "Excess heat" was a fiction. Now CO2 is altering trade winds and bringing up cold water from the depths like summoning the Kraken

The alarmist stories continue to evolve.. Pretty soon they cant remember the lies they have told and right now those lies are being brought up and they are being questioned about why their "predictions" never come to pass..

They screwed themselves permanently and irreparable by saying "the ocean ate my global warming"

Why? The oceans can hold much more heat and for longer then the atmosphere. 93% of all heat is held in the oceans.

The rate of warming over the past one hundred years or so is not the product of proxies. The forcing required to create higher warming or cooling rates has not existed since the KT boundary event. The idea you and yours have repeated here, that extraordinary climatic events take place at random with no discernible cause, is horse shit.

There have been some people who have insinuated that there is a hockey stick blade hidden in the Oceans2K data because of poor recent coverage, or because of cold 19th century data mixed with 20th century data. The latest post at. The "Blade" of Ocean2K refutes that using the paper's own data. It also contains interesting information on the data and how it was put together.

Why? The oceans can hold much more heat and for longer then the atmosphere. 93% of all heat is held in the oceans.

How come you don't want to discuss the higher OHC of the past? Does the long decline say anything about what may happen in the future?

That humans have raised the atmospheric level of CO2 by 42% is beyond dispute. That increased GHGs have and will continue to warm the Earth is also beyond dispute. The value of scanning paleoclimate data to find something with which those facts can be challenged is simple a waste of time to anyone not desperate to argue a falsehood. Like you Ian.

That humans have raised the atmospheric level of CO2 by 42% is beyond dispute. That increased GHGs have and will continue to warm the Earth is also beyond dispute. The value of scanning paleoclimate data to find something with which those facts can be challenged is simple a waste of time to anyone not desperate to argue a falsehood. Like you Ian.

Beyond dispute? LOL! Where?! How?! That's not what the science shows. Most of the CO2 is produced in the equatorial rain forests on South America, Africa and Asia.

Crick, tell us about those big bag CO2 spewing coal plants in the rain forests

Moron

Liar

Moron and Liar

mainco2mappia18934.jpg

Prove it!

Current satellite measurements say there has been NO WARMING FOR OVER 18 YEARS 8 MONTHS. Yet CO2 continued to rise... If your premise was any where close to true the rise in temp should have continued. IT HASN'T!

No mid atmospheric hot spot.. NOPE

No warming... and in fact cooling... despite CO2 rise...

All I smell is a pile of cricks bull shit!

What is "excess heat"?

What is "excess heat"?

I think -- you know -- at Taco Bell --- when they have a choice of packets. One says mild. The other says hot. But there's "excess heat" in the hot one.. The OPTIMUM amount of heat of course is still a matter of personal judgement.

How about this Frank:

In an equilibrium condition, the same amount of heat enters the system (the Earth) as leaves it. Global temperatures are stable. In a non-equilibrium condition, they are unequal. In our case, LESS heat is leaving the planet than is entering it, and as a result, global temperatures have been climbing. That difference, between what enters and what leaves, may be termed "the excess heat"

Good enough?

Oh yeah - and due to the properties of air and water and our Earth system, 93% of any (any) excess heat will be absorbed by the oceans.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back