Latest MI poll...........

From the OP's link:

"The data prompts further study by the Obama team, Democratic Party and related supporters into the declining support for the President in what was a safe state for him," stated Attorney Tarek Baydoun, statistical analyst for Foster McCollum White Baydoun. "In a state with a significant senior citizen voting population, the overall support for Congressman Ryan's budget plan must be very troubling for the President and his team."

Additionally, the polling data suggests a dip in interest among voters in Democratic leaning regions (Southeastern Michigan, the Thumb Region and Major 17 County Cluster) Congressional Districts (5th, 13th and 14th) and Minority voters. This dip in interest would not only hurt President Obama, but also Democratic down ballot candidates and ballot initiatives.

Wow! Very interesting. No longer a blue state.

And then there's this................

Obama admitted today that he's disturbed by the losses in his base and that is one reason he's heading back to campuses trying to grab the "newbies" still in political diapers.

Another serious problem is the money issue. He's behind the 8-ball compared to Romney and if he finds himself in more and more trouble in states once considered safe, he simply will not have the cash to advertise effectively if spread among too many states.

And then there's this................

Obama admitted today that he's disturbed by the losses in his base and that is one reason he's heading back to campuses trying to grab the "newbies" still in political diapers.

Another serious problem is the money issue. He's behind the 8-ball compared to Romney and if he finds himself in more and more trouble in states once considered safe, he simply will not have the cash to advertise effectively if spread among too many states.

I had a thread going the other day that was based on Obama spending more than he's raising. $10 million more than he brought in.

I really want to see the August numbers for Romney vs Obama in fundraising. If Romney kicks his ass again with fundraising we know we have them on the run. Not to let our guard down at any given time, but fundraising is an excellent barometer of voter enthusiasm as well.

The last stats I had on the super pacs is the R's were just beating the every loving you know what on the D's on that level as well.

Life is good.:D I can hear the lamentations of the DNC.

I guess Obama's claim that he's the best campaign manager, the best organizer, the best fundraiser, the best speech writer, just really meant he is the best narcissist! :D

They will matter only in the sense........

that there's less time to do a magic turn-around than there is today.

There are only 77 days for the O to wipe out that 8+ UE and NO incumbent since FDR has ever won reelection with a stagnant rate like that.

But if that's all you've got is "hope", hang onto it, dude.

In about 6 to 8 weeks polls might matter.

For me, I look more for trends by taking out the wildest point spreads and concentrating on those polls that are tighter especially in key states. There are some polls out there that if I was a pollster I'd be embarrassed to put Obama 15 points ahead. Bloomberg had him there a couple of weeks ago, completely going against the majority.

Most have them neck and neck within the margin of error.

The other key poll I was reading the other day was voter enthusiasm. R's are up something like 17 points in the "can't wait to vote" category and are much more involved.

That's a biggie. Voter turnout is going to be everything.

Forum List

Back