Latest from NJ

Your OK with polygamy when it comes to religion???? Marriage is a religous ceremony. It wasn't invinted by the U.S. Government. All religions are against homosexual marriage. Yes there are liberal churches in America that conduct same-sex marriages, But I have no idea what Bible they are reading. They claim to be Christian, but they have already created a false God by saying their God is ok with homosexuality. Not members in the church....The whole Church has already broken one of the 10 commadments. Yes you are right..I am scared to death that polygamy will follow suit. I don't want to live in that country. I sure as hell don't want my kids to.

Hey, why not? Polygymy, gay marriage. How about this- marry your dog! Put out a life insurance policy and when it dies you'd be rich!:banana2:
Nice fucking job. You deliberately cut out the part where I said "if it's a religious thing." On a personal level, I'm not okay with polygamy.

Your OK with polygamy when it comes to religion???? Marriage is a religous ceremony. It wasn't invinted by the U.S. Government. All religions are against homosexual marriage. Yes there are liberal churches in America that conduct same-sex marriages, But I have no idea what Bible they are reading. They claim to be Christian, but they have already created a false God by saying their God is ok with homosexuality. Not members in the church....The whole Church has already broken one of the 10 commadments. Yes you are right..I am scared to death that polygamy will follow suit. I don't want to live in that country. I sure as hell don't want my kids to.
I'm quite aware about the religious value behind marriage. I personally don't care if gays are "married" or "joined in civil union." I say Christians now have a false God, but that's personal belief.

Here's my thing with gay marriage. I just want to be entitled to the benefits and breaks that married heterosexual couples do. I don't care if a church condemns or condones it. I don't care if you want to call it something else just so you can keep your religious marriage. I'll call it what I want to and you can call it what you want to. I'm not going to have a marriage ceremony in a church, so that particularly gets into why I don't care if it's called marriage or not.

How in hell can you forget that you wrote this in less than 40 minutes? Are you a schizo?

Temper, temper. I've had to warn you about that in the past.

It is proven difficult for me to remember things that I have not said.

All you have to do is a simple search and prove me wrong, but I realize that the truth is not your goal.

Here's my thing with gay marriage. I just want to be entitled to the benefits and breaks that married heterosexual couples do. I don't care if a church condemns or condones it. I don't care if you want to call it something else just so you can keep your religious marriage. I'll call it what I want to and you can call it what you want to. I'm not going to have a marriage ceremony in a church, so that particularly gets into why I don't care if it's called marriage or not.

That's fine. I personally could care less if someone is homosexual. Doesn't bother me. And sure...I think the government should give everyone that lives together the same rights as Married couples. Like I said earlier in this forum, I think it's ridicoulous that a Grandmother rasing her grandchild can't carry them on their insurance unless adopted. If two people live together, and depend on one another for living, then they should be covered the same...I am all for equality. But equality doesn't mean a MIRROR image of something. I am just so sick of all the changes that people want to make in this country. Like the churches coming out speaking bad about Halloween. Give me a break. It's a night about kids getting candy. Not about worshiping Satan

Temper, temper. I've had to warn you about that in the past.

It is proven difficult for me to remember things that I have not said.

All you have to do is a simple search and prove me wrong, but I realize that the truth is not your goal.

I included your quote.

Anyone can call anything they want as their personal religion. So are you OK with it or not?

Such is the twisting road of moral relativism.
Not really. I'm talking about recognized organized religions. I'm okay with it under religious circumstances, but otherwise I"m not.

Not really. I'm talking about recognized organized religions. I'm okay with it under religious circumstances, but otherwise I"m not.
I'm not OK with it under religious grounds, and I think that an Abrahamic religion that condones it is making an incorrect interpretation of The Word. It is so bad for society, and as such, could never be part of God's plan.

I'm not OK with it under religious grounds, and I think that an Abrahamic religion that condones it is making an incorrect interpretation of The Word. It is so bad for society, and as such, could never be part of God's plan.
That's your view. Under religious contexts, I see nothing wrong with it.

You cannot hold an "opinion" on the law which does not comport with the law.

Legislatures cannot ignore the Courts. Period.

"Legislatures" Write the Laws that Judges enforce and interpret...they also created the Law that appoints Supreme Court Justices...with the stroke of a pen(and a vote) they could abolish the position...!

I say abolish the fools...:tdown2:

I could be wrong, it's happened once or twice, but from what I can see, the court is in fact ordering the legislature to pass a law the justices want. Regardless of their time constraint, I fail to see their having the power to do that. :dunno:

In contradiction to a certain know-it-all who posted otherwise, the power of the court to order the legislature to do anything is assumed. If the legislature answers to the court, the entire ideal of separation of powers between the three branches of government is smoke.

I find it rather amusing myself that the very same individuals who rant and wail lile little babies that Bush has usurped the power of the legislature think it's okay for the judiciary to dictate to the legislature when the ruling favors their liberal agenda.

The legislature is under no obligation to meet an arbitrary timeline set by the court, and/or pass legislation dictated by the court.

The legislature is obligated to ensure the law(s) are in compliance with the US and State Constitutions, in whatever manner and time constraints imposed by one or both of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it isn't called for in the Jewish or Christian texts, right?
Polygamy was practiced for the majority of the Old Testament. Normally Christians don't advocate it, but then again, Mormons aren't really Christian if you look at things regarding mainstream beliefs.

That's fine. I personally could care less if someone is homosexual. Doesn't bother me. And sure...I think the government should give everyone that lives together the same rights as Married couples. Like I said earlier in this forum, I think it's ridicoulous that a Grandmother rasing her grandchild can't carry them on their insurance unless adopted. If two people live together, and depend on one another for living, then they should be covered the same...I am all for equality. But equality doesn't mean a MIRROR image of something. I am just so sick of all the changes that people want to make in this country. Like the churches coming out speaking bad about Halloween. Give me a break. It's a night about kids getting candy. Not about worshiping Satan

I pretty-much agree, but read the ruling. The outspoken gay rights jackasses want full marriage or nothing. They demand to be accepted as socially normal equals to heterosexuals, and are demanding laws be enacted that apply solely to their behavior.

I have NO problem with everyone having equal rights under the law. But I see that as a separate issue, and so do most gays/gay sympathizers because whenever I mention it all you hear are crickets chirping.

It isn't just the legal rights they want. They want their aberrant behavior legitimized by law. Next we'll be seeing farmer Brown and his favorite sheep outside the courthouse.

Forum List

Back