Latest from NJ

What does my sense of right and wrong have to do with your ignorance of how our government works?

Why is it that whenever someone says something that doesn't fall in line with how you think the government works you have to call them ignorant? I'm every bit as educated as to how the government and law is supposed to work. Matter of fact, probably moreso since I went to school back when we actually had to learn it to pass.

The judiciary dictating to the legislature is judicial activism. It is the judiciary stepping outside the bounds of interpretting and enforcing the law. Anything beyond declaring a law constitutional/unconstitutional, IF it is in the purview of that particular court, is judicial activisim.

It is not the place of the judiciary to dictate to the legislature what they should do with the law, or how the passing of the law should or should not be affected, nor to place time limits on it.

Why is it that whenever someone says something that doesn't fall in line with how you think the government works you have to call them ignorant? I'm every bit as educated as to how the government and law is supposed to work. Matter of fact, probably moreso since I went to school back when we actually had to learn it to pass.

Where'd ya go to school grandpa...Kansas? This post is a prime example of how much you don't know about the people you like to make assumptions about. I'll wager that you and I are approximately the same age, so any reference to your high school education and mine is moot.

The judiciary dictating to the legislature is judicial activism. It is the judiciary stepping outside the bounds of interpretting and enforcing the law. Anything beyond declaring a law constitutional/unconstitutional, IF it is in the purview of that particular court, is judicial activisim.

It is not the place of the judiciary to dictate to the legislature what they should do with the law, or how the passing of the law should or should not be affected, nor to place time limits on it.

So when a court finds a law unconstitutional, in your opinion, they're supposed to do nothing? The court was doing its job...get over it.

marriage between a man and a woman is a fundamental right. gay marriage is not, atleast federally, which is why the NJ supreme court made the decision based on New Jersey state laws. Apparently they are telling the legislature that they have to make it a right. I hate judicial activism like this. What the heck is the point of self government if a bunch of guys in Robes are going to turn around and tell you what to do?
I don't consider it a right; legally I consider it a privledge, analogous to a professional or driver's license. I also think these activist judges should be impeached.

Where you aware that all of the judges that voted for this were appointed by the ex govenor, who was gay? That queer filled the Bench with gay activists- "The Queer Mafia". So this ruling is the result of years of careful planning to inflict the Gay Agenda on the People of New Jersey.

Another Liberal Template- hatred of America's Heartland. Damn elitists. Why not go to Kansas and say that? You'd get your ass kicked.:moon4:

You can shut your pie hole toots! I was born and raised in a rural community, my comment wasn't motivated by elitism. Were you sleeping when the Kansas Board of Education recently redefined science so they could claim creationism as one? For all I know they also redefined the role of judges from interpreting the law to upholding the Ten Commandments.

I don't consider it a right; legally I consider it a privledge, analogous to a professional or driver's license. I also think these activist judges should be impeached.

Where you aware that all of the judges that voted for this were appointed by the ex govenor, who was gay? That queer filled the Bench with gay activists- "The Queer Mafia". So this ruling is the result of years of careful planning to inflict the Gay Agenda on the People of New Jersey.

Well said Glock, damn these elected judges. You know influence with the likes of endless money can have an effect on the system.

“In August 2004, Governor James E. McGreevey of New Jersey made history when he stepped before microphones, declared "My truth is that I am a gay American," and announced his resignation.” [amazon.com]

All the McGreevy appointees voted for the gay marriage ruling.

Justice John E. Wallace, Jr (Voted for gay marriage ruling)
• Nominated by Governor James E. McGreevey on April 12, 2003. …..

Justice James R. Zazzali (Voted against gay marriage ruling)
• Justice Zazzali was nominated by Governor Christine Todd Whitman to serve on the Supreme Court on May 18, 2000. ……

Justice Barry T. Albin (Voted for gay marriage ruling)
• Justice Albin was nominated by Governor James E. McGreevey on July 10, 2002 to serve on the Supreme Court. …….

Justice Roberto A. Rivera-Soto (Voted for gay marriage ruling)
• Justice Rivera-Soto was nominated by Governor James E. McGreevey on April 20, 2004 to serve on the Supreme Court. …….

Justice Virginia Long (Voted against gay marriage ruling)
• Justice Long was nominated to serve on the Supreme Court by Governor Christine Todd Whitman on June 17, 1999. …...

Chief Justice Deborah T. Poritz (Voted against gay marriage ruling)
• Poritz was nominated to be Chief Justice by Governor Whitman on June 20, 1996, and was confirmed on June 27, 1996. ……

Justice Jaynee LaVecchia (Voted for gay marriage ruling)
• Justice LaVecchia was nominated by Governor Christine Todd Whitman to serve on the Supreme Court on January 6, 2000. …….

http://www.savage-productions.com/njgaymarriage.html

You know when I went to Rehobeth Beach in Delaware I saw all these homo flags flying. Then when you'd go into a business you'd see these men mostly with there squeeze and the ring on the right hand. I guess my complaint is don't shove your lifestyle in my face. You want respect earn it and quit trying to intimidate my lifestyle and reasoning of my way of life and and my marriage which is excepted throughout the world. Even geese ----->dumb flying things have a life long soul mate that is female. I've yet to see dumb flying things wear mate bands on their left leg.
So when I use harsh words about a member of the human race it is more about the motivation and agenda more than anything else. I've met some salt of the earth gay and straight folks in my life time and I've met some real prick bastards on both side. But when gays have issues with me not being tolerant to this whole sham called diversity....forget about it! this is more about them making a statement or forced exceptance in a society than anything else. It is been proven that once these groups get what they set out for they actually abandon much of the hype. What a waste of time. You know if both sides would just worry about being good neighbors in this world instead of a fixed agenda we'd all be much better off. See the thing with me is I don't care it you take it up the bung....good for you I think it sucks to be you , but more over what I care most about is a reasonable relationship about humanity and not about sexual preferance. Call me weak, but I could give a damn about that . I try and like people for being people and what they have to offer. When folks are treated decent you receive decent dialog.

Where'd ya go to school grandpa...Kansas? This post is a prime example of how much you don't know about the people you like to make assumptions about. I'll wager that you and I are approximately the same age, so any reference to your high school education and mine is moot.

Y'think? I can only assume based on the level of education you show on the board.;)

So when a court finds a law unconstitutional, in your opinion, they're supposed to do nothing? The court was doing its job...get over it.

Is that what I said? Thought not. The court was doing its job in deciding the constitutionality of a law. That is ALL it is supposed to do. It is up to the legislature to either amend, or throw out the law.

Clearly your opinion of where the line is drawn between the legislature and judiciary does not agree with mine. I'll refrain from calling you ignorant/uneducated, since that's your deal. "Misguided" will do.

Is that what I said? Thought not. The court was doing its job in deciding the constitutionality of a law. That is ALL it is supposed to do. It is up to the legislature to either amend, or throw out the law.

Did I misread the story or isn't that exactly what happened here? The court found the law unconstitutional and told the legislature to fix it.

Forum List

Back