Latest ARG Poll (Romney 29, Newt 25, Paul 20)

truthsaga

Economic and BlowBack Ace
Feb 11, 2009
South Carolina Republican Presidential Primary

"Mitt Romney leads the South Carolina Republican presidential primary with 29%. Newt Gingrich is in second place with 25% and Ron Paul is in third place with 20%.

Paul has gained the most and Rick Santorum has lost the most since the last American Research Group survey on January 4-5. In that survey, Paul was at 9% and Santorum was at 24%.

Gingrich and Romney are tied among self-identified Republicans with 29% each, followed by Paul with 18%. Paul leads among independents and Democrats with 29%, followed by Romney with 27%, Gingrich with 12%, and Rick Perry with 11%.

Gingrich leads among those likely primary voters saying they are supporters of the Tea Party with 28%, followed by Romney with 24%, Paul with 20%, and Santorum with 11%. Romney leads with 33% among those saying they are not supporters of the Tea Party or are undecided about the Tea Party, followed by Gingrich with 23%, and Paul with 21%.

Gingrich leads among evangelical Christians with 40%, followed by Perry with 15%, Romney with 13%, Santorum with 12%, and Paul with 10%. Among likely voters saying they are not evangelical Christians, Romney leads with 48% and followed by Paul with 33%.

Gingrich leads among men with 29%, followed by Paul with 23%, Romney at 18%, and Santorum with 14%. Among women, Romney leads with 38%, followed Gingrich with 22%, and Paul with 18%. "

Paul is really competing in all the demographics. Having that independent edge as well as crossovers pretty much guarantees him a 2nd place showing this cycle.

I'm not going to claim he'll win the nomination, because it's tough facing the establishment, but he's going to have plenty of delegates to force his hand.

The ARG poll?

...so Romney is the preferred candidate among pirates?

Arg ye scalawag ye done beat me to the booty of that joke.

If he can dip into some of the Evangelical's he could win SC. An SC win would help him grab some more delegates in Florida and almost another certain win in Nevada.

Amazingly the evangelicals support Gingrich, the serial adulterer and ethics violator.

What exactly is it that these evangelicals are looking for?

Arg ye scalawag ye done beat me to the booty of that joke.

If he can dip into some of the Evangelical's he could win SC. An SC win would help him grab some more delegates in Florida and almost another certain win in Nevada.

Amazingly the evangelicals support Gingrich, the serial adulterer and ethics violator.

Ron Paul just picked up a decent endorsement yesterday, so hopefully as time goes on the shift will be in Paul's favor.

These primaries have proved the dupes have no idea what they're doing, careening from one mediocrity to the next....stupidest party in the modern world, but at least they keep the minorities away....lol

Good for Paul, I figured he would only get about 10% of the vote here and maybe he will. This could be good though, Paul might be in first or second or just a strong third in the end. Nice to see, let’s hope for the best =D!

This poll is interesting to me because the numbers are so close. We saw what a well timed surge can do with Santorum in Iowa so anything is possible. A foot bullet from any one of them could be a huge factor. It's going to be an interesting week.

Give up, "non-establishment" supporters!

Romney is going to win South Carolina!
Then Florida!

In fact, Romney is going to sweep Super Tuesday and all you fringe-nutters will be forced to get in line, or risk another Obama 4 years.

Yes, you are free to cause a ruckus now. Promote your most cherished of beliefs and ideas! But in the end, you will support the establishment Republicans!!

Just be glad if you can change the Party's platform-- a little!

Ron Paul just picked up a decent endorsement yesterday, so hopefully as time goes on the shift will be in Paul's favor.

Chumlee?

Mitt is the selection of the establishment GOP leadership, Paul of the libertarian strain, and Gingrich, generally, of the white male vote that has declined by more than 30% in the last fifty years in terms of the total voting. Paul will not win the nomination, but he is going to force Mitt (Paul will not support Newt) to make some serious concessions to Paul supporters. Santorum and Perry supporters are going to be stuck outside looking in.

Last edited:

Then Florida!

In fact, Romney is going to sweep Super Tuesday and all you fringe-nutters will be forced to get in line, or risk another Obama 4 years.

Yes, you are free to cause a ruckus now. Promote your most cherished of beliefs and ideas! But in the end, you will support the establishment Republicans!!

Actually I won't be forced to do anything. If it's not Ron Paul, I don't care who it is. There is no difference in my mind whatsoever. I will still vote according to my principles.

Then Florida!

Actually I won't be forced to do anything. If it's not Ron Paul, I don't care who it is. There is no difference in my mind whatsoever. I will still vote according to my principles.

They still don't understand we support the principles, not the party.

Forum List

Back