Last year, 157,588 Chinese students were studying in the U.S.

R

rdean

an increase of 23 percent from the previous year, according to the Institute of International Education.

Moreover, at the graduate level, Chinese students aren’t competing against American students for a seat in the classroom, according to Blumenthal. “There still aren’t enough Americans in the pipeline wanting to get graduate training in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math,” she said.

“When I get into America, I can get [a liberal] education [that] could open my mind,” said Zhang Yuqi, a soft-spoken but intense 17-year-old high school senior.

Chinese applications to U.S. schools skyrocket

I know. Let's send them to "Bob Jones University" to learn "SCIENCE" so they can be as good as any Republican Scientist. And I thought our education system was "so bad". Seems people from other countries don't think so. Just Republicans.

hey imbecile, want to address this;

“There still aren’t enough Americans in the pipeline wanting to get graduate training in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math,” she said.

:rolleyes:

hey imbecile, want to address this;

“There still aren’t enough Americans in the pipeline wanting to get graduate training in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math,” she said.

:rolleyes:

Many Democrats don't have the money. Many Republicans have no interest.

6%

Well obviously people from other countries still value US college and university education. I suppose that's a good thing. Even though it would be nice if our own students perform better at times huh.

Well obviously people from other countries still value US college and university education. I suppose that's a good thing. Even though it would be nice if our own students perform better at times huh.
murka has one of the best brainwashing programs on earth.
Georgetown is the head of the pack.

More and more of those numbers are kids coming over to study in private Jr and Senior High Schools.

Yup.

America's higher educational system (you know, the one the boards ignoramouses complain is controlled by stupid liberls?) is still quite attractive to foreignors.

The Chinese have just about taken over University of California Irvine. It's very hard for an American to even get into the math and science classes. The Chinese are not interested in any of the fluff courses. They dominate in hard science. When Americans do get into these classes, they are not treated very well by the Chinese or Japanese. They are treated with the utmost contempt. I don't know who made up the statement about Chinese students looking forward to a liberal education but it's not true in any of the many, MANY Chinese I know. Chinese students live with Chinese families. Come up with liberal BS, ONE TIME and it's the next flight back home. Not only for students staying with a family. Chinese youngsters who live here and were born here know that if they don't keep up with the standards their parents set for them, back home they go.

Of course there aren't enough American students in the pipeline to graduate programs! American students are interested soft easy social programs, getting laid and smoking dope. These Chinese kids are simply amazing. More power to them.

Isn't it fascinating that MSNBC choose to insert words into the quotes of the students. And yet, the OP does not question why MSNBC would do that.

Seems to me that our education may have failed to teach people to question what they read.

Its all part of the globalization movement. Foreigners learn science and engineering, while the Americans party and do drugs.

Not all of it. You won't find these kids wasting money on Trangendered Studies or courses in Civil rights and Racial equality. They dominate in science, engineering, math.

When you talk to these kids they have a purpose in mind. They learn it in Chinese School. When the US collapses into the swamp of its own ignorance, they have to be ready to take up the reins of power and run the nation. If the liberal students pot smoke themselves into dreaming of the revolution and solidarity, the Chinese are preparing for the day when they must take over.

Its all part of the globalization movement. Foreigners learn science and engineering, while the Americans party and do drugs.

Globalization??? Not that I've noticed. Not unless it's a Chinese globe. The Chinese don't have a whole lot of interest in multiculturalism.

The Chinese have just about taken over University of California Irvine. It's very hard for an American to even get into the math and science classes. The Chinese are not interested in any of the fluff courses. They dominate in hard science. When Americans do get into these classes, they are not treated very well by the Chinese or Japanese. They are treated with the utmost contempt. I don't know who made up the statement about Chinese students looking forward to a liberal education but it's not true in any of the many, MANY Chinese I know. Chinese students live with Chinese families. Come up with liberal BS, ONE TIME and it's the next flight back home. Not only for students staying with a family. Chinese youngsters who live here and were born here know that if they don't keep up with the standards their parents set for them, back home they go.

Of course there aren't enough American students in the pipeline to graduate programs! American students are interested soft easy social programs, getting laid and smoking dope. These Chinese kids are simply amazing. More power to them.

Your last statement is very generalizing and terribly un true, shame on you for insulting our kids in school that do work hard.

Your last statement is very generalizing and terribly un true, shame on you for insulting our kids in school that do work hard.

Unfortunately it is true. Not only true, but the point of the article. However, I will apologize to those three or four American students who are motivated. When an American student is able to get into one of these programs and doesn't wash out, they are recruited by a Chinese company upon graduation.

Unfortunately it is true. Not only true, but the point of the article. However, I will apologize to those three or four American students who are motivated. When an American student is able to get into one of these programs and doesn't wash out, they are recruited by a Chinese company upon graduation.

Three of four motived American students? now your just typing nonsense.:eusa_hand:

Three of four motived American students? now your just typing nonsense.:eusa_hand:

You should go to one of these high tech schools and check it out. You would be surprised, perhaps shocked even to see how many American students are taking these courses. Few. Very few. For one thing, few American students have the background to compete at the college level. Our general K-12 education has been dumbed down too far. Chinese children go to supplemental schools after school and on week ends. What American families accept as part of growing up is not tolerated in Chinese families. By six years old these children already know and are working towards their future. There is no such concept as "Kids being Kids".

Even when an American student gets into an advanced program it isn't over. It's hard to get into study groups, lab partners are hard to come by if not impossible. There is ostracism, contempt. Asian students take it as a matter of faith that the American isn't as good as they are and will never be as good as they are. Whether it is true or not.

Chinese children are raised by Chinese Tiger moms who do not tolerate anything less than excellence from walking on.

Take a look. Tiger Mothers: Raising Children The Chinese Way : NPR

Forum List

Back