Last year, 157,588 Chinese students were studying in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Education' started by rdean, Jan 11, 2012.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,994
    an increase of 23 percent from the previous year, according to the Institute of International Education.

Moreover, at the graduate level, Chinese students aren’t competing against American students for a seat in the classroom, according to Blumenthal. “There still aren’t enough Americans in the pipeline wanting to get graduate training in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math,” she said.

“When I get into America, I can get [a liberal] education [that] could open my mind,” said Zhang Yuqi, a soft-spoken but intense 17-year-old high school senior.

Chinese applications to U.S. schools skyrocket

I know. Let's send them to "Bob Jones University" to learn "SCIENCE" so they can be as good as any Republican Scientist. And I thought our education system was "so bad". Seems people from other countries don't think so. Just Republicans.

2. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    hey imbecile, want to address this;

“There still aren’t enough Americans in the pipeline wanting to get graduate training in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math,” she said.

:rolleyes:

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,994
    Many Democrats don't have the money. Many Republicans have no interest.

6%

4. tyler89

tyler89 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well obviously people from other countries still value US college and university education. I suppose that's a good thing. Even though it would be nice if our own students perform better at times huh.

5. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    murka has one of the best brainwashing programs on earth.
    Georgetown is the head of the pack.

6. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,894
    More and more of those numbers are kids coming over to study in private Jr and Senior High Schools.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yup.

America's higher educational system (you know, the one the boards ignoramouses complain is controlled by stupid liberls?) is still quite attractive to foreignors.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The Chinese have just about taken over University of California Irvine. It's very hard for an American to even get into the math and science classes. The Chinese are not interested in any of the fluff courses. They dominate in hard science. When Americans do get into these classes, they are not treated very well by the Chinese or Japanese. They are treated with the utmost contempt. I don't know who made up the statement about Chinese students looking forward to a liberal education but it's not true in any of the many, MANY Chinese I know. Chinese students live with Chinese families. Come up with liberal BS, ONE TIME and it's the next flight back home. Not only for students staying with a family. Chinese youngsters who live here and were born here know that if they don't keep up with the standards their parents set for them, back home they go.

Of course there aren't enough American students in the pipeline to graduate programs! American students are interested soft easy social programs, getting laid and smoking dope. These Chinese kids are simply amazing. More power to them.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Isn't it fascinating that MSNBC choose to insert words into the quotes of the students. And yet, the OP does not question why MSNBC would do that.

Seems to me that our education may have failed to teach people to question what they read.

10. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Your average test score... we get it... move along troll.. don't you have a game of Russian Roulette to play with a fully loaded weapon??