Last weekends WWII Living History.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
For all of you who don't visit the Coffee Shop.

The mud pit.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3515-lancaster-lititz-2011-our-camp.jpg

A closer view.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3529-mg42-heavy-configuration.jpg

Brit camp with British WACs.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3531-brit-camp.jpg

Marines hanging out.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3519-lancaster-lititz-2011-pacific-theater-marines.jpg

Close up of the German command tent.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3517-lancaster-lititz-2011-js-tent.jpg

A "liberated" British bike.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3518-lancaster-lititz-2011-triumph-bike.jpg

A very small part of a sidearm collection.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3516-lancaster-lititz-2011-sidearms.jpg

A Czechoslovakian VZ 30

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3527-czechoslovakian-vz-30.jpg

An American BAR.

ringel05-albums-2011-wwii-picture3528-american-bar.jpg

Nice little collection. Most of the stuff looks in great shape. Especially the vehicles.

I do hope they didn't have anyone dressed as Nazis. That makes them Nazi Lovers, to the intellectually challenged.
Point taken.

My wife and I went to the Reading Air show a few summers ago and they had a very large number of these guys and gals dressed up in WWII uniforms. American and British uniforms were the most numerous followed by German. Didn't see anyone in a "Class A" Nazi uniform (if it's called that) with swastika arm band although I'm certain no one would have been offended. A good time was had by all but that stuff is a little too nerdy for me. :lol:

I do hope they didn't have anyone dressed as Nazis. That makes them Nazi Lovers, to the intellectually challenged.
Point taken.

My wife and I went to the Reading Air show a few summers ago and they had a very large number of these guys and gals dressed up in WWII uniforms. American and British uniforms were the most numerous followed by German. Didn't see anyone in a "Class A" Nazi uniform (if it's called that) with swastika arm band although I'm certain no one would have been offended. A good time was had by all but that stuff is a little too nerdy for me. :lol:

Well, if you're a Republican and participate in WWII reenactments as a German, that makes you a Nazi Lover. And, if you dare to point out the absurdity of that... that also makes you a Nazi Lover.

There are some incredibly stupid people on this board. :eusa_whistle:

I've participated as a German in many re enactments. You do get a few comments from time to time.

I know a few reenactors. They play Germans too. They say they rarely get any crap for it. But, on this board, the very stupid left wingers think it is perfectly fine to call people Nazi Lovers for supporting reenactors. Particularly when one of those reenactors happens to be a Republican politician.

Fucking idiots. Using the death of millions of innocent people for political point scoring - they make me sick. Scum.

I've participated as a German in many re enactments. You do get a few comments from time to time.

I know a few reenactors. They play Germans too. They say they rarely get any crap for it. But, on this board, the very stupid left wingers think it is perfectly fine to call people Nazi Lovers for supporting reenactors. Particularly when one of those reenactors happens to be a Republican politician.

Fucking idiots. Using the death of millions of innocent people for political point scoring - they make me sick. Scum.
There is something about walking into a local deli with jackboots, or a stormtrooper uniform that get people to stop what they are doing and take notice. LOL I think the extremes on these boards will attack anything or anyone that isn't them.

Thanks for sharing those pics Ringle! Very interesting!

Maybe we can just enjoy the pics and not rehash past crap from people on here. Maybe just a nice thread for once guys?

Ringle did a good job posting these pics, let's let him have it instead of trying to score some political points somehow.

WW2 is so interesting to learn about!

Maybe we can just enjoy the pics and not rehash past crap from people on here. Maybe just a nice thread for once guys?

Ringle did a good job posting these pics, let's let him have it instead of trying to score some political points somehow.

I've been re enacting for about 15 yrs. Gosh, maybe even a little more. 20 at least. You do learn a lot because not only are you ensuring period accuracy but the battles are scripted to actually events that took place.

I've been re enacting for about 15 yrs. Gosh, maybe even a little more. 20 at least. You do learn a lot because not only are you ensuring period accuracy but the battles are scripted to actually events that took place.

Very cool! I love reading about WW2, but have never been to a re-enactment. Maybe I'll check one out this summer around here!

Very cool! I love reading about WW2, but have never been to a re-enactment. Maybe I'll check one out this summer around here!
It makes for a nice day or afternoon. If you want to get a little more out of it, find out what battle they are representing up front and look it up. It's better if you have a feel for what's going on. Otherwise it looks like a bunch of guys running around in uniform. Sometimes because they really are a true representation, the battle may be played out over a few days. There can be long periods of limited action as a result. But it's worht it just to check put the equipment and get a flavor for the period.

Point taken.

If by "Class A" uniform you mean the black uniform with the red arm band then you are talking about the Allgemeine SS which was their daily uniform and you will generally not find anyone portraying Allgemeine SS. They were the final solution Nazis.
This is a "Class A" uniform for a Wehrmacht (army) Unteroffizier (Buck Sergent) otherwise know as a Waffenrock.

vol1waffenrockpdfadober.png

If you haven't been, you really should. They're usually really good fun. And... there's hot guys in uniforms.... not that you'd be at all interested in those.... oh no. :lol:

Forum List

Back