Last Vietnam-era Draftee Retiring from Army

tell me where i am wrong on the facts.

Nam was a dog- war- longest and most unpopular in american history - and full scale us military withdrawel began in 1970 and escalated in 71 and 72...............

Andi never dodged the draft like chiken shit clintan andthe canada draft dodgers

nuff said case closed

a dog war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For certain people, this thread was not supposed to be political. But haters will hate.

And to keep the record straight there were pilots from Bush's TANG unit that were sent to Nam. He wasn't hiding. And I know there isn't one person in here who has ever taken off and landed a jet fighter. And probably wouldn't have the guts to do it either.

I'll say this, Ollie; I may rag on the zoomies all the time, inter-service rivalry and all, but that is a job this old grunt would not envy. I don't mind jumping out of airplanes, but I'll leave flying them (especially the fast, unstable kind) to someone else!:salute:

As for ginscpy, who apparently thinks the real fighting in Vietnam ended in 1970, I think anyone who was there in 1971-72 can attest to the fact that there was no shortage of enemy, or enemy fire during that time period. He could have had plenty of action....assuming he wanted same.:lol:

But the full scale pullout of US troops in Nam (500,000 at its peak in 1968) began in 1970 and more swifty in 71 and72. Everyone knew the war was a dog.

Here is the stats of my High School friend who was drafted the same day that I was.

He is now an honored member of the "Wall"

Check out the date he was killed ginscpy if you think the war was basically over in 69

CLARK VERNON SHAWNEE
is honored on Panel 4W, Row 90 of
the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

Full Name: CLARK VERNON SHAWNEE
Wall Name: CLARK V SHAWNEE
Date of Birth: 1/5/1950
Date of Casualty: 3/28/1971
Home of Record: LAWTON
County of Record: COMANCHE COUNTY
State: OK
Branch of Service: ARMY
Casualty Country: SOUTH VIETNAM
Casualty Province: QUANG TIN

A Note from The Virtual Wall:

On the night of 27/28 March 1971 Fire Support Base (FSB) Mary Ann was occupied by 209 Americans from several units of the Americal Division:

At approximately 0230 hours, 28 March 1971, the VC mounted a coordinated mortar and sapper attack. Almost simultaneously with the mortar attack, sappers employed satchel charges and rocket propelled grenades (RPG) to penetrate the FSB's perimeter. Americans in the perimeter bunkers hunkered down until the explosions from the mortar rounds, satchel charges, and RPGs had subsided, but by then the sappers had breached the trench line and were inside the base. Once inside FSB Mary Ann, the sappers struck over half the bunkers. By the time the VC withdrew, 30 American soldiers were dead and 76 wounded.

http://www.virtualwall.org/ds/ShawneeCV01a.htm

Last edited:
Moron much? Involvement peaked in 1968 at the time of the Tet Offensive.

Warrior its obvious this guy has been lying to himself and everyone else for years to try to not look like a total ball less coward.

He is basically a retard.

That's why I rarely engage in a discussion with him. :doubt:

You can't even stand and explain your lies Sunni Man. :eusa_liar:

You crawl and whine when you're confronted with your lies.

Forum List

Back