Last Time I Checked There Were 3 Networks

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
What's this?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...79&e=8&u=/nm/20050122/en_nm/television_nbc_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - NBC, struggling through its first season without powerhouse sitcom "Friends," has fallen to third place in the ratings for its target audience and could slip to No. 4, the network's top executive acknowledged on Friday.

But NBC Universal Television Group President Jeff Zucker expressed confidence that his network, long the undisputed leader of the pack in the key prime-time battle for viewers aged 18 to 49, would regain its ratings dominance.

"We knew we were going to be in for a tough year this year in the post-'Friends' era. It turned out to be a little tougher than we expected," Zucker said, appearing at an annual winter presentation to TV critics.

Seeking to put the best face on what has been a lackluster TV season for the General Electric Co-owned network, Zucker also stressed that the four major broadcasters would likely end the year within a few tenths of a percentage point of one another.

"It's never been so close. There's never been such parity between the four networks," he said.

Still, Zucker acknowledged that the difference between first and fourth place was as much about advertising dollars as it was about bragging rights and ego.

"We don't like being in third. We're not going to like being in fourth if that were to happen," he said. "We don't think that'll happen. We hope that it won't happen."

Are you forgetting about Fox? Fox has American Idol, The O.C. and a few others. Fox isn't one of the big 3 but it's not far behind.

wolvie20m said:
Are you forgetting about Fox? Fox has American Idol, The O.C. and a few others. Fox isn't one of the big 3 but it's not far behind.

Obviously it is NOW being counted. Read the link.

Aww..I see now, well I think the problem is they put all thier hits on at the same time obvisly trying to steal each others viewers. Yet NBC's shows don't have alot of plot to them, sometimes even boring to watch. I'd be glad to see Fox do well but some of the teeny boping shows they've been coming out with are lacking a bit too.

Forum List

Back