Last Stand: I Refuse to Give Up This Republic Without a Fight

You can see what you like as I am not putting my military record up for discussion as I feel, unlike some others around here, that it does not give me any special insight into civilian politics. All kinds of people bled for this country, republicans have no right to highjack their sacrifice for the greater profit of the god damned defense establishment.
I can certainly see why you are not putting you military record up for discussion, but you were as certainly trying to use it as imagined leverage. Why else would you discuss it in the first place. Frankly, what I see is a disillusioned vet who was unsuccessful in the military as in civilian life. I of course cannot say that without doubt, the internet being what it is, but I am quite sure that you never bled, nor were wiling to bleed for your country.

Believe it or not, there are takers and givers in that regard, and your whinnyess leaves me little doubt as to your station.

Another shit head psychic tells me all about myself though their ESP, Eternally Shitty Perception.
I am not a psychic, I simply have a pretty good grasp of the obvious. The obvious tells me that you are certainly not what you claim to be. A vet, perhaps. Someone who has fought in Normandy or "Nam" as you put it - no!

The problem with conservatives, for the most part, is they practice a kind of ‘Constitutional Reformation,’ where everyone gets to decide for himself what the Constitution means, ignorant of the fact the Constitution exists only in the context of its case law.

I look around me now and see a generation of self-entitled wimps and parasites.

What generation are you talking about? Many members of this generation have been off fighting wars for years and years. Don't say something stupid just to be dramatic.

I can certainly see why you are not putting you military record up for discussion, but you were as certainly trying to use it as imagined leverage. Why else would you discuss it in the first place. Frankly, what I see is a disillusioned vet who was unsuccessful in the military as in civilian life. I of course cannot say that without doubt, the internet being what it is, but I am quite sure that you never bled, nor were wiling to bleed for your country.

Believe it or not, there are takers and givers in that regard, and your whinnyess leaves me little doubt as to your station.

Another shit head psychic tells me all about myself though their ESP, Eternally Shitty Perception.
I am not a psychic, I simply have a pretty good grasp of the obvious. The obvious tells me that you are certainly not what you claim to be. A vet, perhaps. Someone who has fought in Normandy or "Nam" as you put it - no!

Your kind had a few choice labels for the anti-war vets who came back limbless and jobless from our great patriotic wars for oil, It seems the only acceptable vet is a republican, war glorifying, flag waving, thoroughly indoctrinated, stereotype.

It is rather zany when republicans start acting as if they have natural ownership of the patriotic symbols and military history of the United States and are the only legitimate rulers of OUR nation.
We do NOT have rulers. We have elected public servants.

But hey, try this.

Stop with the instinct to blame America first for EVERYTHING, and maybe we'll let you have a few of those symbols back.

What say you? Care to name one thing....just one...that America is exceptional for?

Just one..

Americans are not required to ‘prove’ their patriotism.

And indeed, being critical of government is the highest expression of patriotism.

You just have to take the time to rally your neighbors, your family members and your co-workers to vote for candidates who believe in the Constitution.

Then you and your neighbors will be voting for Obama and other democrats running for elected office.

Why on earth would anybody vote Democrat if they wanted to have political leaders who believe in the Constitution? The Democratic Party has been quite complicit in trashing the document over the past century. You're delusional if you think they are any better guardians of the Constitution than Republicans.

Both party's are bought-& paid-for & treat Washington, D.C. as their personal candy store/piggy bank. Given only those two choices however, I choose the lesser of the two evils.

Your kind had a few choice labels for the anti-war vets who came back limbless and jobless from our great patriotic wars for oil, It seems the only acceptable vet is a republican, war glorifying, flag waving, thoroughly indoctrinated, stereotype.
Please tell us about your missing limbs. Better yet, please tell us about how because of your missing limbs you wouldn't be hired because you were limbless because of your battlefield injuries. Still, best of all of the bravery and patriotism that led you to lose those limbs in the first place.

This should be interesting. I've already got a packet of hankies by my side.

Both party's are bought-& paid-for & treat Washington, D.C. as their personal candy store/piggy bank. Given only those two choices however, I choose the lesser of the two evils.

This time there is a very clear choice between hiking spending on the MIC and all the other useless things republicans care nothing about.

Please tell us about your missing limbs. Better yet, please tell us about how because of your missing limbs you wouldn't be hired because you were limbless because of your battlefield injuries. Still, best of all of the bravery and patriotism that led you to lose those limbs in the first place.

This should be interesting. I've already got a packet of hankies by my side.

Eat shit, chickenhawk. I never claimed to be disabled or jobless, just to give a shit about those who are.

Don't pat yourself on the back. You're still choosing evil.

by directorblue @ Doug Ross @ Journal: LAST STAND: I Refuse to Give Up This Republic Without a Fight

Awesome pictures and commentary on saving our republic.

:clap2:

I welcome your "last stand" also.

This nonsense that conservatives have some sort of ‘monopoly’ on patriotism and what the Constitution means is as tiresome and inane today as it was when it began some 50 years ago.

Don't pat yourself on the back. You're still choosing evil.

Citizens United only cemented the powers-that-be's stranglehold on the political process. Who was championing that? Wasn't the Dems. :eusa_whistle: I'll prolly stop voting after this election if C U isn't revisited or campaign finance reform WITH TEETH isn't implemented.

Last edited:
by directorblue @ Doug Ross @ Journal: LAST STAND: I Refuse to Give Up This Republic Without a Fight

Awesome pictures and commentary on saving our republic.

:clap2:

I welcome your "last stand" also.

This nonsense that conservatives have some sort of ‘monopoly’ on patriotism and what the Constitution means is as tiresome and inane today as it was when it began some 50 years ago.

Well except that your side demnads we look at the Constitution as a "Living Document".

It isn't, it is a standard.

As a military veteran of 12 active years on airborne status with some of the best infantry in the world, let me say very softly fuckyou meathead, you pricks are speaking only for your select few, no one else. Start something and you will find out veterans from sensible right to far left will kick yoursorryasses up between your ears so you can hear them getting the stuffing beat out of them. Meatball should be your name.

If you actually stormed the beach at Normandy or fought in "Nam" I might just do so. I have a hunch that you did neither. Sorry, I still see you like my now-deceased leftist brother who spent two weeks at boot camp and was given an "honorable discharge" for "psychiatric maladjustment " and still claimed to be a vet.

Still, I'm sure you have a few Purple Hearts and a Medal of Honor up your sleeve.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You can see what you like as I am not putting my military record up for discussion as I feel, unlike some others around here, that it does not give me any special insight into civilian politics. All kinds of people bled for this country, republicans have no right to highjack their sacrifice for the greater profit of the god damned defense establishment.

As a military veteran of 12 active years on airborne status with some of the best infantry in the world, let me say very softly fuckyou meathead, you pricks are speaking only for your select few, no one else. Start something and you will find out veterans from sensible right to far left will kick yoursorryasses up between your ears so you can hear them getting the stuffing beat out of them. Meatball should be your name.

I cannot imagine why anyonwe, much less such decorated vets as yourselves, would feel the need for chest-pounding, swearing and otherwise overcompensating for whatever shortcomings you may have. It's almost like the Village People where you can be a cop, cowboy, Indian, construction worker etc. The only thing that can't be faked is intellect, so I have to go with that alone. After all, on the internet, all men are heroes and all women are beautiful.

Forum List

Back