Last Post.

Just a guy

Feb 6, 2006
So, I'm new here. But really, a topic starting with "Anti-" seems so pointless!
Put any other suffix like a nationality, religion or race after "Anti"? Pretty disgusting?

Let this be the last post here?

Just a guy said:
Put any other suffix like a nationality, religion or race after "Anti"? Pretty disgusting?

Welcome and feel free to post "Pro" posts.

dilloduck said:
Welcome and feel free to post "Pro" posts.

Wouldn't that be off-topic here then?

I think it would be a much better topic anyway! Sort of positive attitude!

Just a guy said:
Wouldn't that be off-topic here then?

I think it would be a much better topic anyway! Sort of positive attitude!

Naaaa. Surely you haven't read the entire contents of USMB yet. Plenty of threads are PRO. Be brave little soldier--give it a shot.

Just a guy said:

Nope...this little piece of USMB is for those who really really are anti USA (and there are some). Besides, who made you the judge of what should be on this board?

Just a guy said:

Oh...welcome aboard!

Allright then. I'll let you have this little topic then! :)

Personally I won't be posting here. I don't think a post which the author put in "Anti-USA" will be worth reading. It just can't be constructive.

Just a guy said:

Personally I won't be posting here. I don't think a post which the author put in "Anti-USA" will be worth reading. It just can't be constructive.

By all means ! Feel free to browse and post only in the forums you deem appropriate for yourself. Odd that you felt as if you had to inform us that there is a forum that you will NOT be posting in.

Just a guy said:

Where the subject of the post might be a bit controversial, the author would only get intense, negative flaming if the post was not put together with intelligence.

You post something like...."U.S.A is nothing but Terrorists...they suck...blah blah blah."

Then yeah..you'll get bashed.

However, if you put together a post with throughtful, insightful items that have links to back up their meaning, you would receive thoughtful, insightful responses.

Still might get flamed...but at least you would get flamed with a bit of respect.

dilloduck said:
By all means ! Feel free to browse and post only in the forums you deem appropriate for yourself. Odd that you felt as if you had to inform us that there is a forum that you will NOT be posting in.

I think I feel a bit odd too...
But it was more the title of the topic, "Anti-USA". If you would substitute USA for anything else, other people would have reacted too, don't you think?

Just a guy said:
I think I feel a bit odd too...
But it was more the title of the topic, "Anti-USA". If you would substitute USA for anything else, other people would have reacted too, don't you think?

Maybe if you asked why that forum even existed in the first place you would have reacted differently.

I am shocked each time I read the word "anti-american"... How can someone possibly be Anti American? You sure can find good and bad sides in this country, just like in every other countries... You sure can criticize some things about the USA just like with every other countries, that wouldn't make you "Anti"... To me, being Anti American means being racist against the WHOLE country... and thus, it means not being worth anyone's time. And why would a racist against the USA even register on a message board that talks about the USA?

There is no country, no people and no politics who are 100% good or 100% bad.

Well, this is just my opinion, I am not saying anyone is racist... I hope nobody misunderstood me...

Just a guy said:

Do you think there are no people that are honestly anti-usa? Or do you think their discourse should merely be reframed as "pro-humanity"?

Jolly said:
I am shocked each time I read the word "anti-american"... How can someone possibly be Anti American? You sure can find good and bad sides in this country, just like in every other countries... You sure can criticize some things about the USA just like with every other countries, that wouldn't make you "Anti"... To me, being Anti American means being racist against the WHOLE country... and thus, it means not being worth anyone's time. And why would a racist against the USA even register on a message board that talks about the USA?

There is no country, no people and no politics who are 100% good or 100% bad.

Well, this is just my opinion, I am not saying anyone is racist... I hope nobody misunderstood me...

Racist? Hmmmm........

I'm not anti anything...only anti liberal anti gays and anti abortion.. :rock: but i am pro life pro capitol punishment pro guns pro christian pro Bush proConservative

Forum List

Back