Last manned moon mission was in Dec 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.
René Anafoutra;2890703 said:
Nobody thought it would it would be the last.

I had visions of 2001 A Space Oddesey 1968 - when travel from earth to moon would be routine. Colonies on the moon.

What a lemon the space program turned out to be.

Just putting aside the rumors that the moon landing may never have happened...I just heard that scientists have discovered liquid water on the moon.

Liquid Water? You sure you got that right? lol.

I heard they found ice at the polls but liquid water in a place with no atmosphere and temps well below Freezing all the time? Really?

LOL

Nobody thought it would it would be the last.

I had visions of 2001 A Space Oddesey 1968 - when travel from earth to moon would be routine. Colonies on the moon.

What a lemon the space program turned out to be.

Just putting aside the rumors that the moon landing may never have happened...I just heard that scientists have discovered liquid water on the moon.

I heard they found ice at the polls but liquid water in a place with no atmosphere and temps well below Freezing all the time? Really?

LOL

There actually is supposed to be water under the ice on Neptune, and there is water under the ice at both the Earth's Poles.

Never say never.

LOL

There actually is supposed to be water under the ice on Neptune, and there is water under the ice at both the Earth's Poles.

Never say never.

Even it that is possible, the Article he referenced says Absolutely nothing about liquid water. It says FROZEN :)

Apparently the same test found significant amounts of calcium, magnesium, mercury, silver, and even gold. So we might just see a surge of Private sector investment in going to the moon now. There's gold in them there hills. :)

The problem with continued manned lunar exploration is "Been there done that"

Until NASA can explain specific benefits of continued exploration, why we need a full time presence on the moon and why unmanned probes cannot do the same mission they will not deserve the requested funding

Now that ICE has been confirmed there. It makes all sorts of sense to build a base on the moon. It would be a good place to build and refuel Deep space missions.

The problem with continued manned lunar exploration is "Been there done that"

Until NASA can explain specific benefits of continued exploration, why we need a full time presence on the moon and why unmanned probes cannot do the same mission they will not deserve the requested funding

Now that ICE has been confirmed there. It makes all sorts of sense to build a base on the moon. It would be a good place to build and refuel Deep space missions.

I can provide them with all the ice they need from my refrigerator. I will only charge half of what it costs to get it from the moon

Going to the moon is not about bringing back valuable things, it is about the greatest value of all, knowledge. The knowledge we gained in the Apollo program is reflected in our ability to communicate as we are dong right now. With what we found on the moon, we have accurately dated the our solar system, and gained a great deal more understanding of it. Were we to have the ability to do manned exploration in just our solar system, the knowledge that we would gained is such that we cannot even imagine it with our limited base on knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back