Last line of Declaration of Independence

appleannie1

Jun 1, 2011
It is a culmination of everything said before it.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Pledging their "FORTUNES"...I guess there's few who would do the same today for their nation.

But they are all in favor of pledging the fortunes of others. :eusa_whistle:

The vast majority of people, certainly a lot of the ones who frequent this message board, have absolutely no idea what "Divine Providence" means, And will probably never arrive at a place where 'Sacred Honor" is the guiding principle in their life.

Pledging their "FORTUNES"...I guess there's few who would do the same today for their nation.

They did not pledge their fortunes to a nation, they pledged them to a cause.

They might, but they'd resent some asshat demanding that they pay 1/2 of their income to be redistributed to some lard-ass that wants to sit around all day and do nothing.

It's LateTarder... 'nuff said.

After they signed, they all became wanted men with many giving up their fortunes

Last edited:

And they signed their names on it for all to see knowing that if they lost or got captured they would be hung.....a far cry from those people crying about their names on petitions supporting taking civil rights from others becoming public.

But they are all in favor of pledging the fortunes of others. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah... those Founding Fathers... what a bunch of Commies.

They might, but they'd resent some asshat demanding that they pay 1/2 of their income to be redistributed to some lard-ass that wants to sit around all day and do nothing.

Well... how do you get business to hire? Oh yeah.. use incentives on them... right? You don't force, or punish a business into hiring... at least according to the Conservative mantra.

What about people... you want them to work? Make it worth their while. Single moms with little kids do better collecting a welfare check and staying home with their kids than working for even $10/hour and paying child Care that sucks up most of the wages, leaving them little to live on and pay even the simplest of bills.

Seriously... Do ANY of you Conservatives put yourself in other people's shoes and try to see things from their perspective, or do you just all enjoy the hating thing that much, that if you were to put yourself in another's shoes... it would take the fun away?

Well... how do you get business to hire? Oh yeah.. use incentives on them... right? You don't force, or punish a business into hiring... at least according to the Conservative mantra.

What about people... you want them to work? Make it worth their while. Single moms with little kids do better collecting a welfare check and staying home with their kids than working for even $10/hour and paying child Care that sucks up most of the wages, leaving them little to live on and pay even the simplest of bills.

Seriously... Do ANY of you Conservatives put yourself in other people's shoes and try to see things from their perspective, or do you just all enjoy the hating thing that much, that if you were to put yourself in another's shoes... it would take the fun away?

I honestly think that they do not ever put themselves in another's shoes. One of the things I have found so appalling is the way they demonize and smear their neighbors and fellow citizens. I find it mind boggling. But here is how our FF started the US Constitution.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

That promote the general welfare must stick in some people's craw.

WordNet Search - 3.1
•S: (n) luck, fortune, chance, hazard (an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another) "bad luck caused his downfall"; "we ran into each other by pure chance"

Pinkos are both remarkably stupid and evil when it comes to manipulating language... just look at what they have done with the word "liberal".

And they signed their names on it for all to see knowing that if they lost or got captured they would be hung.....a far cry from those people crying about their names on petitions supporting taking civil rights from others becoming public.

That does suck.

But what sucks worse is people targeting those who sign petitions and threatening their lives. If we did not have the latter I would support requiring that everyone who signs a petition understand that it is public.

What incentives can you offer a business to hire if no one is buying their product? How can the government incentive hiring without punish someone else?

Seriously, do you think at all? Read the posts of people on this board? There are conservatives who post here who have been in the shoes of the people you think cannot get by without government help. They not only proved you wrong, they want to help other people avoid the trap you are setting for them.

Actually, the last line of the Declaration of Independence is some of that very small writing that says, "Not valid in the Continental USA.".

And to each other.

Windbag, as a conservative with a brain aren't you embarrassed by the ignorance of he who wrote, "But they are all in favor of pledging the fortunes of others?" and the two that thanked him for a helpful post?

IN the case of the founding fathers, they certainly WERE pledging their lives and fortures to the cause.

They'd have been hanged if their revolution had failed, that's for sure.

They pledged to each other because unlike Progressives and American ideals, they shared common vision and values. See, according to Progressives the very mention of "Divine providence" renders the document unConstitutional and reveals the writers to be rubes and simpletons.

Last edited:

And to each other.

Windbag, as a conservative with a brain aren't you embarrassed by the ignorance of he who wrote, "But they are all in favor of pledging the fortunes of others?" and the two that thanked him for a helpful post?

Why should I be embarrassed by other people? Am I responsible for what they think, or say? Do the various liberals who post in favor of stuff you oppose embarrass you, or do you just accept that stupidity is a human condition we are all subject to?

As a conservative I prefer Will Rogers to Pat Robertson.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOqLuwoxfrU]YouTube - ‪Barry Manilow - Never Met A Man I Didn't Like‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back