Last Hope For Darfur May Be Tonight

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
(for you all, its already thursday morning here)

There is probably no good point in putting any stock in it, but I hope beyond hope Pres. Bush does something bold and brave in his State Of The Union Address. I pray he announces America can no longer wait for the UN to do something about a genocide it refuses to recognize, and that American forces will join with those of other outraged nations like Britain, Canada and Australia to deploy immediately to Darfur and protect the genocide survivors.

If not, then the already 300,000 who have died in 2004 from the genocide in Darfur will be joined by far more in 2005, perhaps 500,000 or higher.... far more than the deadly tsunami that killed 250,000 in Asia. That tsunami was a terrible, awful thing, but it was commited by a terrorist no one can stop (nature).

The torture of children, the mass rape of women, the extermination of men in Darfur... this is being commited by a bunch of cowardly terrorists sitting in military camps and government buildings, laughing at how the world will not stop them.

NATO AIR said:
(for you all, its already thursday morning here)

There is probably no good point in putting any stock in it, but I hope beyond hope Pres. Bush does something bold and brave in his State Of The Union Address. I pray he announces America can no longer wait for the UN to do something about a genocide it refuses to recognize, and that American forces will join with those of other outraged nations like Britain, Canada and Australia to deploy immediately to Darfur and protect the genocide survivors.

If not, then the already 300,000 who have died in 2004 from the genocide in Darfur will be joined by far more in 2005, perhaps 500,000 or higher.... far more than the deadly tsunami that killed 250,000 in Asia. That tsunami was a terrible, awful thing, but it was commited by a terrorist no one can stop (nature).

The torture of children, the mass rape of women, the extermination of men in Darfur... this is being commited by a bunch of cowardly terrorists sitting in military camps and government buildings, laughing at how the world will not stop them.
I don't know if it is their last hope or not, but they don't have much time left.

CSM said:
I don't know if it is their last hope or not, but they don't have much time left.

Somebody fill me in here. What is the OFFICIAL reason the US gives for not intervening ?

dilloduck said:
Somebody fill me in here. What is the OFFICIAL reason the US gives for not intervening ?
I dont know that one has been given. The US has offered the AU C-130s and other logistical support that was not accepted.

dilloduck said:

Something along the lines of "its up to the UN and the AU to deal with it"

if we just keep letting the inmates run the asluym, we're going to have plenty of darfurs for soft-hearted souls like me to despair over in the future.

dilloduck said:

The US has declared it genocide. The UN does not. IF the UN declared it genocide the UN would be forced to act regarding troops. To that the US could contribute. However, in case no one is noticing, our potential of doing any other military excursions alone, beyond what we are already involved with are moot. We do not have the troops.

Kathianne said:
We do not have the troops.

Yea, I never could count worth a shit anyway.... :bangheads

Seriously though,I can't even fathom how it must feel to survive genocide once and be abandoned, until eventually the murderers finally do finish you off.

Forum List

Back