Last Flight; STS-133-Discovery

Yes! Just got done watching it take off. Very sad thing to see it's last flight.
It never gets old for me to watch them take off. It was really pretty this time with the way the sun hit the thrusters exhaust taking off.

I strapped myself into my recliner and put on an old football helmet and watched the lift off. Wife wanted to know what I was doing. I told her that I was out of this world. She said, "You sure are..." I didn't know she like space stuff that much.

I watched it on C-Span. A lot less nonsensical commentary and useless banter.

Anyhow- I patched it thru the stereo with sub-woofer and CRANKED THAT BABY UP! :thup:

Still got glass in your windows?:lol:

I bet he don't :lol::lol:

Yeah, but you shoulda seen the dog jump LOL.

I used to do that on Indy 500 race day, at the engine starts. Last year I don't think they had a single microphone down on the track. Real let down. :confused:

• Banned
What made this impacting for me, was I covered the first flight of Discovery, STS-41D, and through that assignment had met Dr. Judith Resnik, through my boss, Robert (Bob) Schulman. This was her first flight assignment as well. It was highly emotional and wonderful as well, since Discovery was the most delayed and scrubbed flight-mission to that date, Aug., 1984. 5 scrubs total.

........and its still got about 1/4 operating life left in it--so sad, the end of STS. Bad deal.

Robert

It's beyond me. Atlantis and Endeavour are new, virtually new, and only into their operating life less than 20%. Dumb. So truly dumb. It's as criminal as the end of Apollo, for no reason,--we went and then stopped. Why?

Yes, I will miss truly those true space ships, the world's first.

Robert

Forum List

Back