last decade stats from yahoo

Average U.S. vehicle gasoline consumption in miles per gallon

27.5 (1999); 27.5 (2009)

U.S. oil consumption (barrels per day)

19.519 million (1999); 19.498 million (2008)
wow again

CAFE standards have remained basically unchanged in the last 10 years.

Oil traded at $10/barrel during 1999, and (briefly) $140/barrel in 2008. It's a little deceiving to take a snapshot of demand. But, yes- wow.

Ethanol accounts for some of the decrease in oil useage.
Amazing demand dropped and Gas went from $1 to $4?

Isn't a decade ten years? Are we not ending 2009? Why don't we have one more year to make this a decade?

lol, yes I think so. I notice its the slow news days that have the decade in review specials pop up. Easy work for reporters. Using the PC to search for archive footage instead of hunting down stories out in the cold.

I was amazed at the change in number of new vehicles sold.

Isn't a decade ten years? Are we not ending 2009? Why don't we have one more year to make this a decade?

2000 - 2009 = 10 Years

I'll assume the best and assume that you weren't including the year 2000, altho I have my doubts. :eusa_eh:

2000 - 2009 = 10 Years

I'll assume the best and assume that you weren't including the year 2000, altho I have my doubts. :eusa_eh:
count to ten. Who starts with zero? Surely not the Romans who had no concept of zero.

It's like when the stupid people told us the millennium began on January 1, 2000! It takes a thousand years to make a millennium, but if you're willing to forget about simple facts like that, I suppose you don't deserve to plan parties anymore either.

2000 - 2009 = 10 Years

count to ten. Who starts with zero? Surely not the Romans who had no concept of zero.

It's like when the stupid people told us the millennium began on January 1, 2000! It takes a thousand years to make a millennium, but if you're willing to forget about simple facts like that, I suppose you don't deserve to plan parties anymore either.

Math is apprarently not your strong suit. :lol:

2000 - 2009 = 10 Years

Perhaps it will work better for you if you count it the way the stat was given, which was 1999 to 2008 INCLUSIVE. That means all of year 1999, then 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.... That makes a decade, ten years!

2000 - 2009 = 10 Years

I do a lot better at math than you do at spelling! Counting starts with 1. That's the important safety tip.

I do a lot better at math than you do at spelling! Counting starts with 1. That's the important safety tip.

Not in programming.

Really? So we went right from 1999 to 2001 then? :cuckoo:

Really? So we went right from 1999 to 2001 then? :cuckoo:
tough for you to get a grip on, huh? Start counting. I'll wager the first word from your mouth will be "one".

Count all the way to ten. Congratulations! You have just counted the number of years in a decade. As the first year was Year One, not Year Zero, the counting has remained consistent right up until the folks without the ability to count called the year 2000 the first year of the new millennium/century/decade.

As we are entering the year 2010, we are, therefore, entering the last year of the first decade of this century/millennium.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back