Last Days

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
anyone see Last Days by Gus Van Sant? it's a take on the last days of Kurt Cobain alhtough they never really say it is. It's not really heavy on the dialogue thats for sure. if you get a chance check it out.

Yeah, i reviewed it somewhere on here. I simultaneously like and hate Van Sant. I like his idea of capturing real life, but that often means you have to sit through a lot of meandering. This movie was really good, though.

i must have missed that thread. i watched it on hbo the other day and decieded to comment on it

I basically said I liked it, but anybody who doesn't like Van Sant's style wouldn't like it. You didn't miss much.

Incidentally, this is part three of Van Sant's loose trilogy about death: Elephant, Gerry, and Last Days. If you haven't seen it, Elephant is worth watching. Gerry, not so much, unless you're a very patient viewer.

i've been meaning to see elephant and i know it is also on hbo this month. i think it might be also on demand as well

Elephant is wonderful, much more powerful than Last Days.

Gerry, like I said, will test your patience. It's about two guys who go out for a hike in the desert and get lost. And that's the entire plot. The movie's over two hours long, and a very large portion of that is just two guys walking around desert landscapes that start to look the same. Oh, and both guys are named Gerry, so even when they're talking to each other, it usually seems like one person talking to himself. Admittedly, it does take on an almost psychedelic quality after a while, just because you eventually start to go stir-crazy in the same way as the two characters onscreen. But, it is very hard to get through.

Forum List

Back