Last combat troops leave Iraq - another Obama promise kept

Well, whom were we victorious against?? Sadam Hussein?? Iraq?? I always thought that to be victorious that an enemy must be conquered. I don't see that in this case.

So you think, by "Conquered" the USA should annex Iraq as a 51st state?

If the mission was to remove Saddam, and leave Iraq as a more stable country, then you wouldn't agree that's the case?

Well they removed SH, but is Iraq REALLY a more stable country than we found it??

Yes, otherwise, it would be going apeshit upon the departure of US combat troops.

If the mission was to remove Saddam, and leave Iraq as a more stable country, then you wouldn't agree that's the case?

Well they removed SH, but is Iraq REALLY a more stable country than we found it??

Yes, otherwise, it would be going apeshit upon the departure of US combat troops.
Apeshit?????

Is that a pro, or anti, sentiment?​

that remains to be seen

BREAKING: Last U.S. Combat Troops Leaving Iraq | The Political Carnival

the last of the troops will finally be departing.

Thank. God.

UPDATING as news comes in.

Richard Engel is now reporting live that the combat mission in Iraq will be over.

---------------------------

Thanks Obama. Another promise kept.

Actually, I think President Bush set the withdrawal date before he left office, but it was a nice try anyway. :lol::lol::lol: I am grateful though that they are coming home.

Still here, thanks NYCarbineer.

Wow this thread is a real rogue's gallery of flip flopping rightwingers who couldn't do enough to try to credit our leaving Iraq to GW Bush,

and now, now, of course, they've all decided that leaving was a major mistake,

and it's OBAMA'S fault!!!!!!!!!!

It's too bad these people are too stupid to suffer embarrassment or shame at their own shameful, embarrassing behaviours.

Carry on!

Wow this thread is a real rogue's gallery of flip flopping rightwingers who couldn't do enough to try to credit our leaving Iraq to GW Bush,

It's too bad these people are too stupid to suffer embarrassment or shame at their own shameful, embarrassing behaviours.

Carry on!

Does seem a bit odd............................

Carry on!

Yes, this is a rousing success for Obama.

ISIS, beheadings and the success of horrifying violence - The Washington Post
But in terms of impact, the acts of terror have been wildly successful. From beheadings to summary executions to amputations to crucifixions, the terrorist group has become the most feared organization in the Middle East.​

Carry on!

Does seem a bit odd............................

even more so when you consider the right continues to repeat the chant the democratic congress voted for Iraq, and then were against it .. reverse the opinions, supporters, and Presidents .... viola, enter the hypocrisy of the right. Apparently they have no idea what they want or fully support...imagine that?

Indeed, carry on.

You mean like

- If you like your health care plan you can keep your health care plan
- Bush was Unamerican for 300 billion deficits
- He will close Guantanamo...
- ...and end aggressive interrogations
- He did not know anything about Fast and Furious, then he used executive privelege to cover it up, which requires him to have known about Fast and Furious
- He's going to end W's militaristic policies, oh, except in Libya, expanding Afghanistan, continuing Iraq and sabre rattling in Syria
- He's going to improve the economy and reduce unemployment because he has "common sense" plans to do that
- He's going to have a transparent administration
- He's going to have the highest integrity administration in American history
- He was born in Kenya, oh wait, Hawaii, anyone who says he was born in Kenya is nuts, well except him, he wasn't nuts when he put it on the jacket of his ... autobiography
- The IRS scandal was local and the White House was not involved
- He evaded questions and blocked investigation into Benghazi

Yeah, a paragon of truth he is...

Last edited:

You mean like

- He did not know anything about Fast and Furious, then he used executive privelege to cover it up, which requires him to have known about Fast and Furious
- He's going to end W's militaristic policies, oh, except in Libya, expanding Afghanistan, continuing Iraq and sabre rattling in Syria
- He's going to improve the economy and reduce unemployment because he has "common sense" plans to do that
- He was born in Kenya, oh wait, Hawaii, anyone who says he was born in Kenya is nuts, well except him, he wasn't nuts when he put it on the jacket of his ... autobiography

No, that's not what I mean. Do try and keep up.

You mean like

You're rdean?

And I'm not the one who is "not keeping up."

Carry on!

That entire region has been at war with itself since they pitched their first tent but yep - its Obama's fault now.

If a Republican gets elected, we'll be right back there - more dead and maimed Americans, more hundreds of thousands of innocents killed, deeper debt and no end in sight.

We already have vets going back to the Korean war (the older ones have already died) that we can't or haven't taken care of. Let's put our money into those people and into building our own country.

I guess now we know.

Monday morning quarterbacking is easy.

You mean like

You're rdean?

Bush got credit for ending the war, US troops coming back to the US; now it is Obama's fault US troops are no longer there, though Obama followed Bush's timetable(.) I maintained it was a disaster from Day 1, who is correct? :eusa_whistle:

You mean like

You're rdean?

then quote the SFOA Bush signed in 2008 .... by all means

You're rdean?

Bush got credit for ending the war, US troops coming back to the US; now it is Obama's fault US troops are no longer there, though Obama followed Bush's timetable(.) I maintained it was a disaster from Day 1, who is correct? :eusa_whistle:

Since I'm against being in Iraq regardless of the party in power, I'm not clear what you're asking me. Both W and Obama screwed up.

Forum List

Back