Last 10 years: Most chaotic ever? Is Jesus coming back or something?

Jesus was already here once and they hung him on a cross to die.

I doubt He'll make the same mistake again.

Agree. Mankind didn't get the message the first time around. Maybe it's just time this failed experiment gets destroyed.
In the meantime, everyones' invited to Douger's hacienda for a bunga-bunga party. :rock:

Most chaotic? Not even close

Is Jesus coming back? Sure, and the right wing will call him a liberal community organizer

Maybe the real Messiah is about to show up on Earth, you know,

the one the Jews are still waiting for...

...the real deal, the genuine article.

Short Answer:

Yes. Jesus is coming back. When? I don't know. relatively soon in human history but that could still be hundreds of years from now.

And yes there are more events. We are going to be given alot of warnings before He gets back. Which is exactly why we need to prepare ourselves.

Would'nt it be great when Jesus comes back he comes back to the theme music of Welcome Back Kotter?

Welcome Back Kotter - Bing Videos

So where would you rate 1939 to 1949 on the most chaotic list?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I like theology and prophecy studies. I'm a very curious person regarding religion and sprituality, not a pusher of any one view, but curious and definitely believe there is much more than our physical realm.

That said, back to topic, yes, the WW2 era was indeed chaotic. But in relative terms, I thought about this- what if those same events began to unfold in today's world? With modern technology would Hitlers blitzkreig ever have happened? Of course not. In fact, we may never see another massive war of several uniformed armies fighting it out over an entire continent with tanks, air fights, naval fights, etc, etc. I think the end result of those events were more brutal and large-scale.......BUT, I don't think the mass insanity in people and nature was as widespread as it is today. That era was a clear cut good vs evil. Today? It seems 1 in 3 people are fucking nuts, and the Earth's weather and crust is just going insane.

Wait a minute; you mean He hasn't, yet? I thought the accepted wisdom among liberals was that Jesus has ALREADY come back, and they elected Him president in 2008; you mean that isn't so? Damn, how did I miss THAT revelation?:razz:

I'm sure if you take a look at most 10 year periods you will find many terrible things had occurred then also. My wish and hope is that Jesus is already here to help cushion our fall.

Nah, Obama ain't Jesus. He might be the 12th imam. But not Jesus.

Somepn I don't understand:

The more God slaughters his chillun......the more the chillun flock to Him.

Isn't that somepn like: Kissing the hand that kills ya ?????

Come to think of it, mebbe the fucking Muslim chillun have it right what with getting eternally bonged outa one's skull whilst indulging in celestial humping. Allahu Akbar !!!

Last edited:

Is Jesus coming back? Sure, and the right wing will call him a liberal community organizer

And the left will call him a lunatic bible thumping zealot shortly before he casts all politicians into a lake of molten lava (fire is not hot enough to hurt those gasbags) but to the OP...

Why is it that everyone always looks around and believes that we are always in a perpetual state of worse? It was not just WWII but the great depression, the civil war, the crusades, the black plague and on and on...
The past has been worse by many magnitudes of anything that we see today. Throughout history, man has been downtrodden, starving and fighting constant atrocities. Today, our fat asses are glued to out plush couches with a bag of Cheetos in our hand as we watch the news and complain about how terrible things are today. They aren't, PERIOD. We have our problems but they are rather small compared to what the human race has gone through. People decades from now will say the EXACT same things that you are saying and you will be one of those old geezers explaining how when YOU were a child you had to walk uphill to school in 10 feet of snow with no shoes on. It has always been that way and everyone has always thought they were living in the 'end' times. That was even true in Jesses' own time.

Decline and fall of the Roman Empire, religious schisms, Crusades, barbarian invasions, Black plague, Civil war, Great depression, viral death, WWI and II, the Holocaust and others, Stalin's purges, nuclear bombing, Famine in Africa and on and on.... If Gawd is watching the news for a reason to stop her grand experiment, she sure missed opportunities galore....

But maybe Dostoevsky has it right, gawd has returned and the freedom and charity that was religion is no more and like all advocates and martyrs for justice it is essential Gawd too is sacrificed for order, profit, and greed. See the Grand Inquisitor in The Brother's Karamazov. The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky: Chapter 36 A snippet below.

"He stops at the sight of the crowd and watches it from a distance. He sees everything; he sees them set the coffin down at His feet, sees the child rise up, and his face darkens. He knits his thick grey brows and his eyes gleam with a sinister fire. He holds out his finger and bids the guards take Him. And such is his power, so completely are the people cowed into submission and trembling obedience to him, that the crowd immediately makes way for the guards, and in the midst of deathlike silence they lay hands on Him and lead him away...."

"'Is it Thou? Thou?' but receiving no answer, he adds at once. 'Don't answer, be silent. What canst Thou say, indeed? I know too well what Thou wouldst say. And Thou hast no right to add anything to what Thou hadst said of old. Why, then, art Thou come to hinder us? For Thou hast come to hinder us, and Thou knowest that. But dost thou know what will be to-morrow? I know not who Thou art and care not to know whether it is Thou or only a semblance of Him, but to-morrow I shall condemn Thee and burn Thee at the stake as the worst of heretics. And the very people who have to-day kissed Thy feet, to-morrow at the faintest sign from me will rush to heap up the embers of Thy fire. Knowest Thou that? Yes, maybe Thou knowest it,' he added with thoughtful penetration, never for a moment taking his eyes off the Prisoner.""

So where would you rate 1939 to 1949 on the most chaotic list?

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I like theology and prophecy studies. I'm a very curious person regarding religion and sprituality, not a pusher of any one view, but curious and definitely believe there is much more than our physical realm.

That said, back to topic, yes, the WW2 era was indeed chaotic. But in relative terms, I thought about this- what if those same events began to unfold in today's world? With modern technology would Hitlers blitzkreig ever have happened? Of course not. In fact, we may never see another massive war of several uniformed armies fighting it out over an entire continent with tanks, air fights, naval fights, etc, etc. I think the end result of those events were more brutal and large-scale.......BUT, I don't think the mass insanity in people and nature was as widespread as it is today. That era was a clear cut good vs evil. Today? It seems 1 in 3 people are fucking nuts, and the Earth's weather and crust is just going insane.

WW2 is an example of how people expect big problems to just go away.

Considering how the US is allowing a foreign army to march on its streets ever May 1st under the lie called "immigration", I think a war is the only way to save the United States from its disrespect of the American people.

And the left will call him a lunatic bible thumping zealot shortly before he casts all politicians into a lake of molten lava (fire is not hot enough to hurt those gasbags) but to the OP...

Why is it that everyone always looks around and believes that we are always in a perpetual state of worse? It was not just WWII but the great depression, the civil war, the crusades, the black plague and on and on...
The past has been worse by many magnitudes of anything that we see today. Throughout history, man has been downtrodden, starving and fighting constant atrocities. Today, our fat asses are glued to out plush couches with a bag of Cheetos in our hand as we watch the news and complain about how terrible things are today. They aren't, PERIOD. We have our problems but they are rather small compared to what the human race has gone through. People decades from now will say the EXACT same things that you are saying and you will be one of those old geezers explaining how when YOU were a child you had to walk uphill to school in 10 feet of snow with no shoes on. It has always been that way and everyone has always thought they were living in the 'end' times. That was even true in Jesses' own time.

I think the 50%+ part of the world that lives on less than 2 dollars a day would disagree with the "our fat asses are glued to out plush couches with a bag of Cheetos in our hand" part of your complaint.

I think the 50%+ part of the world that lives on less than 2 dollars a day would disagree with the "our fat asses are glued to out plush couches with a bag of Cheetos in our hand" part of your complaint.

No one here is part of that 50% and it is the people here that are consistently talking about the second coming. Not only that, but most of the world enjoys far better conditions then those same people would have 100 years ago. And the same could be said of those 100 years before that. Face it, we are better off today than we were then.

The following sums up some of our confusion about this world, rather well

Ballad of a Thin Man

by Bob Dylan

You walk into the room with your pencil in your hand
You see somebody naked and you say 'Who is that man?'
You try so hard but you don't understand
just what you will say when you get home
because something is happening here but you don't know what it is
do you, Mr. Jones?

You raise up your head and you ask 'Is this where it is?'
and somebody points to you and says 'It's his'
and you say 'what's mine?' and somebody else says 'well what is?'