Largest union in California endorses pot legalization

I also think it's a damn shame that conservatives have let a great "State's Rights" issue split right through their hands and let the liberals have it;who in large part, opposes State rights in a lot of other areas.

water is dangerous if you drink to much, when you compare it to coffee your waisting my time. Give yourself a cookie for the irony comment.

You're wasting the pro-legalization effort's time by using dishonesty as a means to promote your goal. That's the entire point.

For Anxiety, pot has harmful effects.
For lungs, pot has harmful effects.

You said: pot has no harmful effects.

Your a complete fucking moron, and I'm sick of people like you with false info.
Doctors prescribe it for anxiety clown

Yea, so you are an idiot. I have 2 friends with Panic disorders (may or may not have been caused by pot in the 1st place) who have been to the Emergency Room with Anxiety attacks brought upon by smoking weed.

You're the moron by acting like a mind-altering substance typically ingested by inhaling smoke, into your lungs, has no harmful effects. Seriously.

I have lots of friends that smoke. 0% of them pretend it's got no harmful effects. Christ.

I've been around it and burned it all my life. Compared to beer the problems are miniscule. It's bullshit fear mongering by conservative. ie prohibition was sold with conservatives claiming black and brown men would rape white wive's. Really we're still buying this line in 2010. Come on Man!

Ok, so call the bad effects miniscule, don't pretend there are none. I know daily smokers who don't participate in ciggies, and cough like 65 years old ciggy smokers. Mind you, they're like 25.

Also, much like coffee, THC fans the flames of pre-existing Anxiety-Disorder conditions.

I'm 49,been for legalization my entire adult life and smoked pot for 25-30 years before quitting a few years ago and anyone who thinks that pulling in smoke deeeeeeep into their lungs and holding it in for several seconds is not a health risk;at least in that one area;respiratory; is so damn biased for legalization that they can't see any negatives.

Having said that, I still support legalization and oppose taxpayers paying for healthcare, this is one of several reasons why healthcare should be individual, government can't control individual lifestyle choices in a free society

I don't think it's even worse than alcohol, so I don't get why society has put up with the double standard for THIS long already.

did you get lung cancer?

I'm in the insurance business and have seen 25 year olds who have lung cancer who never smoked and 90 year olds who have smoked non filtered cigarettes for 75-80 years that don't have lung problems, that is why it's called "health risks" not "certain".

My Dad died of lung cancer, smoked for 50 years and the lung cancer he had was primarily from asbestos exposure...go figure.

You seriously think holding smoke in your lungs for several seconds poses no threat or risk? I think it is your right just like it's a person's right to eat trans fat, drink beer or smoke cigarettes but to say that holding smoke in lungs poses no risk is not being honest with oneself,imho.

I support your right though and I seriously hope the proposition passes.

water is dangerous if you drink to much, when you compare it to coffee your waisting my time. Give yourself a cookie for the irony comment.

You're wasting the pro-legalization effort's time by using dishonesty as a means to promote your goal. That's the entire point.

Your a complete fucking moron, and I'm sick of people like you with false info.
Doctors prescribe it for anxiety clown

Doctors will perscibe anything to make patients happy----moron.

did you get lung cancer?

I'm in the insurance business and have seen 25 year olds who have lung cancer who never smoked and 90 year olds who have smoked non filtered cigarettes for 75-80 years that don't have lung problems, that is why it's called "health risks" not "certain".

My Dad died of lung cancer, smoked for 50 years and the lung cancer he had was primarily from asbestos exposure...go figure.

You seriously think holding smoke in your lungs for several seconds poses no threat or risk? I think it is your right just like it's a person's right to eat trans fat, drink beer or smoke cigarettes but to say that holding smoke in lungs poses no risk is not being honest with oneself,imho.

no there are minor side affects, fact is there are no studies that show high cancer rates for pot smokers.
I just hate that to many pro legalization folks let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

When you miss the point and then call someone else a middle-schooler, it's called irony.

You hit the nail on the head;for me anyway. Anxiety problems is the very reason that I had to quit, it got to where if I smoked, within a few minutes I could go from having a great time to hyperventilating. I still have anxiety attacks but Valiums/xanaxs work MUCH better than pot:tongue:

did you get lung cancer?

no there are minor side affects, fact is there are no studies that show high cancer rates for pot smokers.
I just hate that to many pro legalization folks let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I'm not letting it get in my way of legalization, I just am not going to buy into an "all or nothing" argument where on one side people say it's baaaaaad and therefore we shouldn't legalize and the other side says there are NO health risks at all, I prefer to acknowledge some risks and support based on individual freedoms, screw what others think, a person should be allowed this freedom legally in the "Land of the Free",imho.

I will say one thing. If it slows Metabolism, I'd really like to see Snoop Dogg gain a couple of fucking pounds. Man could eat a meatball and look pregnant.

for most people it makes them eat much more, I'm guessing snoop is doing way more than pot.

I'm not usually a union guy, but in this case they are looking out for the masses.

Forum List

Back