Largest strike in fast food history

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
200 take part in largest strike in fast food history - Salon.com

“New York City fast food workers walked off the job, launching a rare strike against a nearly union-free industry.”

Are we seeing a trend among the lowest paid workers?

I still think they're timing is bad because there are so many who are willing to take the crappiest jobs for the lowest pay because they can't get jobs in their own area of expertise. People who have been unemployed the longest are the ones who have the hardest time getting back into the market.

Last edited:

“New York City fast food workers walked off the job, launching a rare strike against a nearly union-free industry.”

I still think they're timing is bad because there are so many who are willing to take the crappiest jobs for the lowest pay because they can't get jobs in their own area of expertise. People who have been unemployed the longest are the ones who have the hardest time getting back into the market.

200 is the largest fast food strike in history? lol....

unless you plan to own a franchise or work for corporate working at the retail level in fast food is meant to be a stepping stone, not a career.

That's the problem...While I might want to feel bad someone
is on their feet all day doing a shit job...Well what is their education?
What are they qualified to do?....

Go study in your free time and turn the Play Station off for a while and try to get into
another line of work....

Oh wait I get it...
It's the republicans fault.
It's Bush's fault.

If you are working at a McDonalds and you're not the owner or a manager or in college, then it's time to admit you've made some poor life choices. It isn't McDonald's fault, it isn't Wendy's fault, it's YOUR fault. Stop blaming someone else and fix it.

Last edited:

works for me

woohoo.... fast food places in NYC are hiring! :thup:

200 is the largest fast food strike in history? lol....

unless you plan to own a franchise or work for corporate working at the retail level in fast food is meant to be a stepping stone, not a career.

I always wanted to be a union drive thru op.

Don't kill my dreams.

If you are working at a McDonalds and you're not the owner or a manager or in college, then it's time to admit you've made some poor life choices. It isn't McDonald's fault, it isn't Wendy's fault, it's YOUR fault. Stop blaming someone else and fix it.

High school would be acceptable too.

Apprentice burger flippers start out at $10 an hour, but after 3 years you reach journeyman and you get rate...$35/hr.

This is fucking sweet, it's about time McDonalds shared the wealth.

The largest in history? What is this some kind of left wing propaganda? The Golden Arches probably fires more than 200 burger flippers in NYC in any week.

Apprentice burger flippers start out at $10 an hour, but after 3 years you reach journeyman and you get rate...$35/hr.

This is fucking sweet, it's about time McDonalds shared the wealth.

Wouldn't be long before you had burger flippers forbidden to touch the fryolator because it's not their 'trade,' and every time someone spilled a Shamrock Shake a hazmat team would be called in and all of the 'craftsmen' on the shift would get two weeks paid leave for emotional distress over the whole thing.

200 people out of the thousands that work in the fast food industry in new York alone. My guess is that you failed math in first grade and never wen back to learn it.

good grief, salon should be ashamed of that title

and I thought with re-election of Obama we were all just going to be one big happy happy country?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back