Largest monthly federal deficit in history

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
But... but.. but Obama is IMPROVING things :rolleyes:

U.S. Monthly Budget Deficit Balloons to a Record - WSJ.com

WASHINGTON—Even as government receipts posted a rare increase in February, soaring outlays pushed the country's year-to-date deficit up to a record $651.60 billion.

The government's fiscal 2010 year-to-date deficit is up 10.5% from fiscal year 2009.

The government in February alone ran its largest ever monthly deficit—$221 billion, the U.S. Treasury said in releasing its monthly budget statement Wednesday. The government in February 2009 ran a budget deficit of nearly $194 billion.

Remember kids, Reagan deficits = bad; Booooooosh deficits = badder and Obama is the Messiah

Reagan ANNUAL average deficit = 216 B.

So in one month, Obama eclipsed any average 1 year Reagan deficit.

Hope? Change? Yes he can!

WASHINGTON—Even as government receipts posted a rare increase in February, soaring outlays pushed the country's year-to-date deficit up to a record $651.60 billion.

The government's fiscal 2010 year-to-date deficit is up 10.5% from fiscal year 2009.

The government in February alone ran its largest ever monthly deficit—$221 billion, the U.S. Treasury said in releasing its monthly budget statement Wednesday. The government in February 2009 ran a budget deficit of nearly $194 billion.

Oh yeah, we're fucked, no doubt about it.

Blame the last ten presidents (that goes back to FDR, BTW) and their Congresses.

Blame the last ten presidents (that goes back to FDR, BTW) and their Congresses.

This spending and budget is not on the last 10 Presidents

His hope and change was for exactly what you are getting... massive government spending

His hope and change was for exactly what you are getting... massive government spending

DD, you are aware, are you not, that Bush II doubled the national debt, right?

So if your point is that Obama is doing something much different, you'll need to do more than just whine about it.

Right now your post makes you look like a clueless partisan.

I think you must be smarter than that.

So if your point is that Obama is doing something much different, you'll need to do more than just whine about it.

But... but.. but... BOoooooooooooooooooooooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhh
And you claim someone as looking partisan?

I did not support Bush's out of control spending.. but nice try

No back to the subject at hand

What he is doing so different is drastically spending even more at an accelerated rate over what even he did last year

I am not in support of his huge spending nor the fact that he is accelerating that spending... bringing about the largest deficits ever

Oh did I hit a nerve?

Yes of course Bush II doubled the debt and now Obama is doubling it again.

Odd that you complain that Obama is doing it, but fail to admit that this problem is one that Bush II also contributed to.

One would think if you were REALLY conservative, you'd be pissed at BOTH of these guys.

Are you angry at Bush II for doubling the national debt or not?

My guess is that I have faulted Obaman policies on this board more ccitically based on what he is doing than you ever can or will.

Why?

Because unlike you, my nation is more important to me than some stupid policial affiliation.

A curse on both your houses, says I.

If you don't understand somebody like me?

That's your problem, sport, not mine.

Using Bush's actions as justification for 0bama's makes you look like a partisan as well. Unless things change dramaticly, 0bama's legacy will be massive spending and being ineffective.

Oh did I hit a nerve?

Odd that you complain that Obama is doing it, but fail to admit that this problem is one that Bush II also contributed to.

One would think if you were REALLY conservative, you'd be pissed at BOTH of these guys.

My guess is that I have faulted Obaman policies on this board more ccitically based on what he is doing than you ever can or will.

Why?

Because unlike you, my nation is more important to me than some stupid policial affiliation.

A curse on both your houses, says I.

If you don't understand somebody like me?

That's your problem, sport, not mine.

But, but, but, Boooooooooooooooooshhhhhhh

You really can't help yourself, can you?

As stated.. I did not claim Bush was good with the spending or budget, not did I support his out of control spending.... but nice try

stay on the topic please

There was a report on TV this last weekend that mentioned government spending at 90% of GDP by a particular year. Did anyone catch that too? Link please.

NOthing can now be done about Bush's spending, but Obama could CUT his overspending off.
As I recall Bush's worst deficits came when the Democrats controlled Congress. Obama currently has full control.
When will it end? When the US goes bankrupt?

Oh did I hit a nerve?

You are correct. Both Bush and Obama have been the worst offenders with debt spending. However, I will point out that Obama was the run who ran on "hope" and "change" and fixing everything that was broken with Washington and so far he's turned out to be a fraud who has lied about pretty much everything and the American people are quite wise to that now as evidenced by his sinking support. Bush is not the president anymore. Obama said he was going to make things better, not be Bush's third term. Obama should be showing how much better he is than Bush by making drastic cuts across the board at all levels of Federal spending and instead he is kicking up the speed of the ship and heading straight for the iceberg.

Don't think anyone was really defending any budgetary/spending decisions of Bush though...

Back to the subject at hand though.... what I find more shocking than just the fact that this is a record, is the % increase that this administration and this congress has with the spending and deficit

Perhaps the Democrats are livid at the thought that the Republicans could possibly challenge their supremacy at Tax and SPEND

Forum List

Back