Large Hadron Collider to be switched on

This thing is Cool, and can give us many insights into our universe. Nice to see you are not one of those Freaks afraid of Micro Black Holes, and Stranglets kirk :)

This thing is Cool, and can give us many insights into our universe. Nice to see you are not one of those Freaks afraid of Micro Black Holes, and Stranglets kirk :)

If the Earth is destroyed, it means I won't have to pay my bills.

Who is the fool. The fool who tells you this is safe knowing that he does not know, or the fool who listens to him.

"Curiosity Killed the Cat"
:eusa_whistle:

Anyone who says or supports the black hole idea is fucking retarded. First of all, I cant believe so many people back this shit. Yes hadron and other colliders do create microscopic black holes but they are not large enough to even be detected, its basically theoretical, they are there but they are so small that nobody will ever identify them. Yes hadron is the largest collider to date but no it will not come even close to generating enough energy to create anything larger than a microscopic and non-identifiable theoretical black hole. Especially not a self sustaining one which can "destroy the world". And no, hadron will not be "switched on", in colliders it takes about an hour to slowly power up every single sector of the giant loop. Not only that, but it will be months before hadron will be tested at full power.

Man's technology has exceeded his grasp. - 'The World is not Enough'
Zealous Nobel Prize hungry Physicists are racing each other and stopping at nothing to try to find the supposed 'Higgs Boson'(aka God) Particle, among others, and are risking nothing less than the annihilation of the Earth and all Life in endless experiments hoping to prove a theory when urgent tangible problems face the planet. The European Organization for Nuclear Research(CERN) new Large Hadron Collider(LHC) is the world's most powerful atom smasher that will soon be firing subatomic particles at each other at nearly the speed of light to create Miniature Big Bangs producing Micro Black Holes, Strangelets and other potentially cataclysmic phenomena.
CERN physicist Alvaro De Rújula in the BBC LHC documentary, 'The Six Billion Dollar Experiment', incredibly admits quote, "Will we find the Higgs particle at the LHC? That, of course, is the question. And the answer is, science is what we do when we don't know what we're doing." And CERN spokesmodel Brian Cox follows with this stunning quote, "the LHC is certainly, by far, the biggest jump into the unknown."
The CERN-LHC website Mainpage itself states quote: "There are many theories as to what will result from these collisions,..." Again, this is because they truly don't know what's going to happen. They are experimenting with forces they don't understand to obtain results they can't comprehend. If you think like most people do that 'They must know what they're doing' you could not be more wrong. Some people think the same thing about medical Dr.s but consider this by way of comparison and example from JAMA: "A recent Institute of Medicine report quoted rates estimating that medical errors kill between 44,000 and 98,000 people a year in US hospitals." The second part of the quote reads "...but what's for sure is that a brave new world of physics will emerge from the new accelerator,..." A molecularly changed or Black Hole consumed Lifeless World? The end of the quote reads "...as knowledge in particle physics goes on to describe the workings of the Universe." These experiments to date have so far produced infinitely more questions than answers but there isn't a particle physicist alive who wouldn't gladly trade his life to glimpse the "God particle", and sacrifice the rest of us with him.
This quote from National Geographic exactly sums this "science" up: "That's the essence of experimental particle physics: You smash stuff together and see what other stuff comes out."

Who is the fool. The fool who tells you this is safe knowing that he does not know, or the fool who listens to him.

"Curiosity Killed the Cat"
:eusa_whistle:

LOL what ever I bet I have read more about this than you. Almost every expert agrees the mini black holes and stragelet worries are completely baseless, and the collider poses no threat at all to us. The mini Black holes if any would not only be tiny, but would evaporate in millia seconds, and Strangelets are totaly speculative, they have never been proven. Instead of screaming the sky is falling, try reading a bit.

Last edited:
Another White mans Toy, Big waste of money, while many in the third world still have no clean drinking water.

They will announce next week when the collider will be up and running.

They expect it to be fully operational by September.

LOL what ever I bet I have read more about this than you. Almost every expert agrees the mini black holes and stragelet worries are completely baseless, and the collider poses no threat at all to us. The mini Black holes if any would not only be tiny, but would evaporate in millia seconds, and Strangelets are totaly speculative, they have never been proven. Instead of screaming the sky is falling, try reading a bit.

How does a "mini" Black Hole "evaporate"?

This is a serious question, Charles, not an editorial.

Well then...today is the day that we see just how close we live to that theoretical event horizon, isn't it?

Maybe I ought to get dressed for the occassion.

Well then...today is the day that we see just how close we live to that theoretical event horizon, isn't it?

Maybe I ought to get dressed for the occassion.

You should wear an outfit of infinite blackness.

Supposedly they're just trying to create these "mini" black holes. My question is, how do they get rid of them, and how do they keep them from growing. From what I understand of black holes, is that they're anti-matter and, in fact, feed on matter. It really makes me wonder if we're going to be responsible for our own demise.

Supposedly they're just trying to create these "mini" black holes. My question is, how do they get rid of them, and how do they keep them from growing. From what I understand of black holes, is that they're anti-matter and, in fact, feed on matter. It really makes me wonder if we're going to be responsible for our own demise.

You're questioning the sanctity of the scientific method ? Oh please--they know almost everything .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back