Laptop Screen

Polk

Classic
Aug 25, 2009
Ost
So when I first turn on my laptop, I can hear the fan running, but the screen doesn't come on. If I rock it back and forth for a bit (sometimes just a few seconds, sometimes several minutes), the screen comes on. I've tried connecting it to a monitor and it worked fine. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong/how to fix it? My first thought is a loose cable, but I don't want to crack it open based on a hunch.

So when I first turn on my laptop, I can hear the fan running, but the screen doesn't come on. If I rock it back and forth for a bit (sometimes just a few seconds, sometimes several minutes), the screen comes on. I've tried connecting it to a monitor and it worked fine. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong/how to fix it? My first thought is a loose cable, but I don't want to crack it open based on a hunch.

When you finally get the screen to light up, does it stay working? With screen problems of the nature you describe it can often be due to one of three things. A sticking lid close switch, a dodgy inverter board or a bad backlight lamp. You should be able to check out the switch easily enough, but getting to the inverter and strip light can be difficult and I wouldn't advise trying to fiddle with the screen unless you know what your doing. If it does prove to be one of the latter two, the bad news is that repairs are usually pretty damned expensive.

Once the screen lights up, it stays on from there on out. Thanks for the help :)

After the screen does turn on, it will turn back on in normal time after being put to sleep. Does that round it down?

Which reminds me...

... beware of cheap laptop prices for laptops from disaster areas...

... like hurricanes or tornadoes...

... they usually start turnin' up on eBay an' Craig's list an' such...

... Uncle Ferd once found a laptop dat got blown here across the river from a tornado...

... he couldn't get it to work so he decided not to keep it...

... an' sent it back to where the sticker on the side said the owner lived...

... never look a gift horse inna mouth.
:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back