laptop ladies

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
My friend and I have been handing out lunches to the homeless from her church on Mondays for a long time now. Today we discovered we are famous. We are known as the "Laptop Ladies" because we bring our laptops with us and play mafia wars when things are slow. One guy came in today to tell us he'd come to see the "Laptop Ladies". :lol: We decided we liked the name and are considering starting our own website with said title. Maybe we can get people to donate to the lunch program, the budget is getting pretty low and we ran out of cup of noodles today.

Good deal Shelia, just beware. Most chronic homeless are there for a reason. Usually because of mental issues.

cafe.JPG

My first thought when I hear "ladies".

I agree, with all you have going on you take time to do this. Thanks

My whining thread was because the caregiver didn't show up and I couldn't do this. I enjoy this. It's fun, I meet interesting people, and in spite of what a lot of people say there are a lot of homeless that are working or trying to work. I've only seen a few that I believed were drug addicts or drunks. Some of them have the most amazing stories. One guy claims to have been in "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze, a very small part but he liked the guy and even danced with his mother. Don't know how much of it was true, but it sure was a fascinating story.

I agree, with all you have going on you take time to do this. Thanks

My whining thread was because the caregiver didn't show up and I couldn't do this. I enjoy this. It's fun, I meet interesting people, and in spite of what a lot of people say there are a lot of homeless that are working or trying to work. I've only seen a few that I believed were drug addicts or drunks. Some of them have the most amazing stories. One guy claims to have been in "Roadhouse" with Patrick Swayze, a very small part but he liked the guy and even danced with his mother. Don't know how much of it was true, but it sure was a fascinating story.

You're not whining at all. What you're doing is very admirable.

New Topics

Forum List

Back