Lap Top is burning my thighs!!!!

Get a laptop cooling stand, it raises the laptop so air can circulate. 15 bucks on Newegg
Quite right!

I have one of those and it's well worth the fifteen bucks. Its fans plug into a USB port and the hollowed, angled pallet not only keeps the laptop cool it positions it nicely and comfortably.

I think I'm getting permanent burn marks on my left thigh...
Lap top still has not blown up though! :)

Last edited:
I learned this years ago when I had the laptop on a sofa and it just shut itself down. The repair guy essplained it. Always keep a space under the thing, preferably a cooling pad is even better, even if you don't run the cooling pad fan, because it's designed to allow air flow.

Even as we speak I have mine as usual on this one, I love it:

202.jpg

Now this one's pricey and has built-in speakers, which you don't have to have, but they sound great, and it's durable. And very very comfortable.
What brand and model is it? ....... :cool:

i recently had to get our laptop into a "blow job" to clean out the circulation system. it runs cooler now. You may need to blow out the exhaust vents with compressed air; also, be careful not to cover the vents underneath since it will reduce airflow. You should use a solid flat surface and not a pillow or cloth.

Also, sometimes batteries get hot as they near the end of their usual life expectancy; it may be due to greater electrical resistance from a degrading battery. One simple way to know is if your laptop (battery) won't hold a charge for very long as compared to when you first got it or it was new.

I learned this years ago when I had the laptop on a sofa and it just shut itself down. The repair guy essplained it. Always keep a space under the thing, preferably a cooling pad is even better, even if you don't run the cooling pad fan, because it's designed to allow air flow.

Even as we speak I have mine as usual on this one, I love it:

202.jpg

Now this one's pricey and has built-in speakers, which you don't have to have, but they sound great, and it's durable. And very very comfortable.
What brand and model is it? ....... :cool:

Logitek -- seems to say "N700" on the label although I didn't search it that way. A friend of mine had one and it's the best one I've ever seen. Sturdy and still comfortable and working after --- I dunno, two years or so. Runs about fifty bucks but worth it considering how often the cheaper ones break down.

Well the lap top died.

Not sure if it was from the overheating or the fact that I bounced in on the floor!

But new lap top is NOT burning my thighs :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back