Lang’ata Prison beauty queen Ruth Kamande sentenced to death for killing boyfriend

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Former Lang’ata Women’s Prison beauty queen Ruth Kamande has been sentenced to death for killing her boyfriend, Farid Mohammed in 2015.

Justice Jessie Lesiit committed the 2016 beauty queen to death despite the penalty having been lifted by a superior court saying her court was free to exercise judicial discretion.

She noted that despite the Supreme Court finding the death penalty unconstitutional in a decision it rendered in December last year, the punishment was still enshrined in statutes.

“In my view, the discretion to pass a sentence other than death in capital offences should only be exercised in deserving cases. I do not find this a deserving case and I think passing any other sentence than the one prescribed would turn the accused into a hero,” the judge said during Kamande’s sentencing on Thursday.

“I want young people to know that it is not cool to kill your boyfriend or girlfriend even where you feel disappointed or frustrated – don’t do it. Instead, it is cool to walk away and thereafter to forgive,” Justice Lesiit outlined.

She also said Kamande showed no remorse for her actions in the course of the trial despite having stabbed her boyfriend repeatedly for up to twenty-five times.
Lang’ata Prison beauty queen Ruth Kamande sentenced to death for killing boyfriend » Capital News

It's not cool to not tell your girlfriend that you are taking HIV suppression drugs.

Forum List

Back