Landry Tells Obama "I don't need a failed Pres. giving me a lecture"

You illustrate Obama's arrogance very well. Congratulations.

Obama didn't do anything but try to reach out to these dolts.

Like last year during the 'Healthcare Summit' where he told McCain blatently: "...I Won..." And he told Republicans they could come along for the ride but they had to sit in the back?

Arrogance...

Can you please provide the exact quote from President Obama. I believe you are misinformed and the President did NOT, in fact, say "I won".

obama-biden-recession1.jpg

Rep. Jeff Landry (La.) skipped the White House meeting because he didn't have the time to sit around and listen to Obama lecture him, especially after he has proven to be a failure and outright lied that he has lifted the ban on drilling.

I think this would be my natural reaction to Obama if I was in his position. This is what they all should be doing.

We need to elect more Landrys.

Silly me, I thought a Congressman's job was to represent their constituents at high levels. And this was his one chance to represent them at the highest level. It's too bad he blew the only real chance he had at presenting the POTUS one on one with his thoughts and ideas.

If he was my representative I would work to get him voted out. He's a worthless partisan hack that is unworthy of his office.

Let me know when 'my' President starts representing me and then I'll listen. But, as per usual, you rant about the Republicans for doing what you would high five a Democrat for doing. I dislike hypocrisy.

I would never approve of such petulant behavior out of anyone.

Like last year during the 'Healthcare Summit' where he told McCain blatently: "...I Won..." And he told Republicans they could come along for the ride but they had to sit in the back?

Arrogance...

Can you please provide the exact quote from President Obama. I believe you are misinformed and the President did NOT, in fact, say "I won".

And you are exactly right. They always take the tiniest things out of context, right? It's called making a mountain out of a molehill.

Or lying, whatever. :lol:

Silly me, I thought a Congressman's job was to represent their constituents at high levels. And this was his one chance to represent them at the highest level. It's too bad he blew the only real chance he had at presenting the POTUS one on one with his thoughts and ideas.

If he was my representative I would work to get him voted out. He's a worthless partisan hack that is unworthy of his office.

Let me know when 'my' President starts representing me and then I'll listen. But, as per usual, you rant about the Republicans for doing what you would high five a Democrat for doing. I dislike hypocrisy.

I would high five any rep who turns down a meeting with the POTUS. No matter what letter came after his name. A meeting achieves nothing more than an opportunity to satisfy one's ego.

Arrogance...

And you are exactly right. They always take the tiniest things out of context, right? It's called making a mountain out of a molehill.

Or lying, whatever. :lol:

And the left never do that, do you? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn, the hypocrisy is thick around here today. :lol:

I'm sure the president was waiting and wishing for this big important congress critter to show up..

You illustrate Obama's arrogance very well. Congratulations.

How do you reason with people who represent guys like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbc064Uwax4]YouTube - ‪Angry Tea Party Conservative assaults interviewer‬‏[/ame]

Arrogance...

Of course he did. It was during the stimulus debate though, rather than the healthcare debate.

According to a source present at the meeting, President Obama said, "Look, we are all political animals here, If we don't do this, we may lose seats. I may not be re-elected. But none of that's going to matter if we don't pass this because the economy will be in a crisis and the American people will be hurting."

Among some of the things Republicans requested: tax deductions for some small businesses, making unemployment benefits tax free and a provision that would let businesses losing money carry the losses over to pay fewer taxes in a different fiscal year.

Mr. Obama did voice opinion on some differences on the issue of whether the lowest individual tax rates should be cut from 15 percent to 10 percent and from 10 percent to 5 percent.

As the president, he had told Kyl after the Arizonan raised objections to the notion of a tax credit for people who don't pay income taxes, Obama told Cantor this morning that "on some of these issues we're just going to have ideological differences."

The president added, "I won. So I think on that one, I trump you."

'I Won:' President Obama Works to Be Bipartisan But Shows There Are Clear Limits - Political Punch

Rep. Jeff Landry (La.) skipped the White House meeting because he didn't have the time to sit around and listen to Obama lecture him, especially after he has proven to be a failure and outright lied that he has lifted the ban on drilling.

I think this would be my natural reaction to Obama if I was in his position. This is what they all should be doing.

We need to elect more Landrys.

Then you must dislike the GOP. (You know, the party that calls for less government but then tries to govern personal decisions that only belong to individuals?) That's hypocricy at its worse.

I'd spell it out for you but I think you know what I'm talking about.

I would high five any rep who turns down a meeting with the POTUS. No matter what letter came after his name. A meeting achieves nothing more than an opportunity to satisfy one's ego.

Exactly wrong.

And this illustrates what's wrong with Conservatism in general. Conservatives don't want compromise..they want capitulation. If you don't play by their rules..they won't play. Period.

And that's no way to govern in a representative democratic republic.

Arrogance...

Of course he did. It was during the stimulus debate though, rather than the healthcare debate.

According to a source present at the meeting, President Obama said, "Look, we are all political animals here, If we don't do this, we may lose seats. I may not be re-elected. But none of that's going to matter if we don't pass this because the economy will be in a crisis and the American people will be hurting."

Among some of the things Republicans requested: tax deductions for some small businesses, making unemployment benefits tax free and a provision that would let businesses losing money carry the losses over to pay fewer taxes in a different fiscal year.

Mr. Obama did voice opinion on some differences on the issue of whether the lowest individual tax rates should be cut from 15 percent to 10 percent and from 10 percent to 5 percent.

As the president, he had told Kyl after the Arizonan raised objections to the notion of a tax credit for people who don't pay income taxes, Obama told Cantor this morning that "on some of these issues we're just going to have ideological differences."

'I Won:' President Obama Works to Be Bipartisan But Shows There Are Clear Limits - Political Punch

Unnamed source and indirect quote. Sorry, try again...

Exactly wrong.

And this illustrates what's wrong with Conservatism in general. Conservatives don't want compromise..they want capitulation. If you don't play by their rules..they won't play. Period.

And that's no way to govern in a representative democratic republic.

In their world evrything is black and white(no pun) and in reality the world has shades of gray.

How do you reason with people who represent guys like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbc064Uwax4]YouTube - ‪Angry Tea Party Conservative assaults interviewer‬‏[/ame]

A illustration of a fine conservative.:clap2:

Oh brother, you people are on a roll today. We all know you Liberals are just sooooooooo much better and TOLERANT...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ronald Reagan, a man these "modern" conservatives view as a hero (when viewed through badly fogged rose colored glasses that ignore his raising of taxes and amnesty for illegals) would be appalled at Laundry. He would find the brand of politics employed by the 21st century conservative, repugnant and disrespectful.

Ronald Reagan, a man these "modern" conservatives view as a hero (when viewed through badly fogged rose colored glasses that ignore his raising of taxes and amnesty for illegals) would be appalled at Laundry. He would find the brand of politics employed by the 21st century conservative, repugnant and disrespectful.

hahahah, now they are bringing up Ronald Regan.:lol:
A man the Liberals HATED.

Unnamed source and indirect quote. Sorry, try again...

Unnamed source? It's ABC. Indirect quote? Obama said it.

"The president added, "I won. So I think on that one, I trump you."

No politician is my hero. Just because you can't think for yourself, doesn't mean no one can. Your Messiah is not THE Messiah. idiot.

GOP lawmaker rejects White House trip, 'lecture' from Obama

By Daniel Strauss - 06/01/11 11:11 AM ET

A freshman GOP lawmaker rejected an invitation to the White House on Wednesday, saying he didn't want to be “lectured” by President Obama .

“I have respectfully declined the president’s invitation to the White House today,” Rep. Jeff Landry (La.) said in a statement. “I don’t intend to spend my morning being lectured to by a president whose failed policies have put our children and grandchildren in a huge burden of debt.”

Landry is skipping a White House meeting with the entire GOP House caucus. Obama will meet with House Democrats on Thursday.

Landry said he would not sit down with Obama to negotiate on a deficit reduction compromise until Obama produces his own budget plan.

“Until the president produces a responsible deficit reduction plan, I’m not going to the White House to negotiate with myself. Our conference has put out for months where we would start the process,” Landry continued.

GOP lawmaker rejects White House trip, 'lecture' from Obama - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Respectfully?

Clearly, in Louisiana, they have a different definition of the word.

GOP lawmaker rejects White House trip, 'lecture' from Obama

By Daniel Strauss - 06/01/11 11:11 AM ET

A freshman GOP lawmaker rejected an invitation to the White House on Wednesday, saying he didn't want to be “lectured” by President Obama .

“I have respectfully declined the president’s invitation to the White House today,” Rep. Jeff Landry (La.) said in a statement. “I don’t intend to spend my morning being lectured to by a president whose failed policies have put our children and grandchildren in a huge burden of debt.”

Landry is skipping a White House meeting with the entire GOP House caucus. Obama will meet with House Democrats on Thursday.

Landry said he would not sit down with Obama to negotiate on a deficit reduction compromise until Obama produces his own budget plan.

“Until the president produces a responsible deficit reduction plan, I’m not going to the White House to negotiate with myself. Our conference has put out for months where we would start the process,” Landry continued.

GOP lawmaker rejects White House trip, 'lecture' from Obama - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

So a Teabagger wishes to express his profound ignorance in all things by not participating in what he was sent to the Congress for. 2012, baby, July 12 first in Wisconsin to finish what was started in New York, then 2012.

Forum List

Back