Land swap for ANWR?

Tristan

Aug 5, 2008
Just do it already people. ANWR is 19,049,236 acres for cryin' out loud. The ecochondriacs have stood in the way long enough.

Sean Parnell, lieutenant governor and a Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, proposed a land swap as a way of opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
“I propose a land swap of 2,000 acres of state land to the federal government in exchange for 2,000 acres of the coastal plain in ANWR into state hands,” Parnell said at a press conference Tuesday in Fairbanks.
Parnell said he could work with Gov. Sarah Palin and the administration to identify the 2,000 acres of state land that would be traded, perhaps extending a portion of ANWR by 2,000 acres.

Hat tip to Hot Air for the link, btw.

Words of wisdom from the great Ed Morrissey

Could this defuse the controversy? In a land swap, the federal government would not lose an inch of overall land. If Alaska offered adjoining land from an area with actual wildlife on it, it would serve to bolster the preserve’s actual mission. The state would then take responsibility for the parcel where oil extraction would take place, and Alaska would have little trouble overcoming any objections from state groups to get oil flowing as soon as possible from that spot.

Just do it! :D

Just do it already people. ANWR is 19,049,236 acres for cryin' out loud. The ecochondriacs have stood in the way long enough.

Hat tip to Hot Air for the link, btw.

Words of wisdom from the great Ed Morrissey

Just do it! :D

It's the principal of the thing. If Anwar was in the middle of a garbage dump the ecochondriacs would be against it. You see besides the fact that they just hate oilmen because it's politically cool to do so, they also believe that if you cannot drill and seek alternative energies at the same time.

It's the principal of the thing. If Anwar was in the middle of a garbage dump the ecochondriacs would be against it. You see besides the fact that they just hate oilmen because it's politically cool to do so, they also believe that if you cannot drill and seek alternative energies at the same time.

Why do you want to piss on Eisenhowers legacy... its not like hes got a lot of it.. granted he is at the top of my presidential fav list.

I seriously give two shits where we drill.. What I dont like is this bottom of the ninth urgency to find more oil... I am quite suspicious of this drill drive for no other reason than if the pubs were seriously concerned about this holes would have been drilled from here to eternity when they owned both houses and the senate...

Hey, that's a damned nice turn of phrase, Tristan.

What's in it FOR ME?
yeah, a slight of hand....if alaska takes the land from us in a swap, they take OUR RICHES....oil, then THEY get a cut of the profits/proceeds....leaving us, the original owners, who bought the land from alaska i believe, empty handed!!!:badgrin:

i WANT MY CUT!!! :eusa_angel: :eusa_shifty:

care

yeah, a slight of hand....if alaska takes the land from us in a swap, they take OUR RICHES....oil, then THEY get a cut of the profits/proceeds....leaving us, the original owners, who bought the land from alaska i believe, empty handed!!!:badgrin:

i WANT MY CUT!!! :eusa_angel: :eusa_shifty:

care

Do you get a cut of the resources in Maine ?

lobstah, i suppose, in federally owned waters....but they aren't doing the lobster trapping....do get a cut through licensing i suppose????????

New Topics

Forum List

Back