Land reform needed in South Africa

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
During the implementation of apartheid, some 3.5m people were forced off their land and on to reservations by the nazis. Whole communities were flattened and rebuilt as white only areas.

It is time for this to be put right. The land that was stolen should be given back to the dispossessed.

I would also suggest that capitalism is not working for South Africa and that some industries should be nationalised in the national interest.

During the implementation of apartheid, some 3.5m people were forced off their land and on to reservations by the nazis. Whole communities were flattened and rebuilt as white only areas.

It is time for this to be put right. The land that was stolen should be given back to the dispossessed.

I would also suggest that capitalism is not working for South Africa and that some industries should be nationalised in the national interest.
You Brits really screwed over the Africans. YOU need to personally go down there and begin atoning for your sins.

Nazis? How strange I missed all of that.

How many were systematically genocided? Did they use gas chambers and ovens there too? Which countries did they invade? How many jews did they get?

I always thought your people were more Imperialist than fascists, but I am not as well ready on African History.

yes, because Zimbabwe is a proper model for handling things like this.....

Half a million Zimbabweans were kicked off their lands by their nazi overlords. Are you saying that this should not have been remedied or that the process was flawed ?

Half a million Zimbabweans were kicked off their lands by their nazi overlords. Are you saying that this should not have been remedied or that the process was flawed ?

I'm saying the supposed solution led to runaway inflation and starvation in a country that used to be considered the breadbasket of Africa.

But they got to feel good screwing over the white guys.

I'm saying the supposed solution led to runaway inflation and starvation in a country that used to be considered the breadbasket of Africa.

So what should have happened ?

Just like in Venezuela!

Well we know they shouldn't have just tried to run off the white farmers. It ruined the country.

And now you propose that in South Africa, AND nationalizing probably white owned businesses and turning them over to government suck ups.

Well we know they shouldn't have just tried to run off the white farmers. It ruined the country.

And now you propose that in South Africa, AND nationalizing probably white owned businesses and turning them over to government suck ups.

Tommy is a ChiCom bot

No, I am saying that the "white owned businesses" were stolen from black people and there needs to be some justice. This isnt ancient history. It happened after the second world war. Why do you defend theft ?

No, I am saying that the "white owned businesses" were stolen from black people and there needs to be some justice. This isnt ancient history. It happened after the second world war. Why do you defend theft ?

What businesses are you talking about? In south africa the land may have been taken, but the businesses were mostly created by the whites, because they were the only ones with the capital to create large companies like mining companies.

What businesses are you talking about? In south africa the land may have been taken, but the businesses were mostly created by the whites, because they were the only ones with the capital to create large companies like mining companies.
Farms are businesses.

Farms are businesses.

Nice goalpost move there.

There are other ways to get blacks in South Africa land ownership without just taking the land from white farmers as payback and then hoping for the best.

As for nationalization, that will just result in the people who know what they are doing fleeing the country.

And then you get Zimbabwe all over again.

Why should I give a fraction of a fuck about South Africa?

Because a large portion of our strategic minerals, those that allow modern society are mined there, and the only other reliable sources for most of them are Russia and China.

So SA goes to shit, and then Russia and China can control the costs of these minerals, that go into basically any technological item we produce and use.

The Africans want Zimbabwe continent wide. They get the land, destroy the farms, get the UN to set up feeding stations while the men rape the women and chew khat.

The solution is, they don't get any land. They can get a job on the land.

Farms are businesses.

Nice goalpost move there.

There are other ways to get blacks in South Africa land ownership without just taking the land from white farmers as payback and then hoping for the best.

As for nationalization, that will just result in the people who know what they are doing fleeing the country.

And then you get Zimbabwe all over again.
Justice is a form of payback I suppose. But to see it in terms of revenge demeans the righteousness of the case. This was a massive theft and as far as I am aware not one person has been held to account for it.
What "other ways" of putting this right are you thinking about ?

Forum List

Back