land of oz emerald mtn nc

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
the theme park has long been closed but every year in oct....its open for one weekend to the public...i am always amazed at the talent that it attracts...

PA060018.jpg

he makes his own costumes...this one is the best lion i have seen yet...

PA060011.jpg

members of the cast

PA060008.jpg

the wizard...he has done this for years....

PA060012.jpg

we cant leave out the tin men....they take hours to get into the outifts..its a full on metal outfit..once they are in it..they can do very little ...i think it takes 2 hours to do the full outfit...and about 45 minutes to get them out of it

i am always in total awe of the people that come together for one weekend a year and do this...it doesnt matter how cold..how rainy or how hot....the only objective is that the wee ones have a great time...

PA050006.jpg

the straw man....he is great...he is exactly like the movie one...he has the mannerism down pat and is wonderful with kids...

PA050008.jpg

a witch on break

PA060013.jpg

she looks for toto...and has a paper from the sheriff allowing her to take toto...you should see the kids faces when she goes after their totos...

PA060039.jpg

sing it with me..follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road:

PA060037.jpg

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE WONDERFUL CAST OF CHARACTERS THAT DO THIS EACH YEAR AND TO ALL OF THEM FOR ALLOWING THEIR PICS TO BE POSTED. THANKS GUY..

Forum List

Back