Lance Corporal Matthew Snyder controversy

Discussion in 'US Law for Jabrones' started by tommywho70x, May 21, 2010.

1. tommywho70x

tommywho70x BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
  2. Granny

Granny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,270
    I don't think Westboro Church is a church at all - it's only members are the immediate family.

There was a case in VA some years back where a preacher and his wife in a church that was actually a cult got into a mess. It's still in operation but probably nowhere near as big as it used to be. At some point after a major split in the cult/church, he and his wife still had a following of a few people. He showed them how they could set themselves up as "churches," and of course being non-profit, they didn't need to pay taxes. I know there were checks involved where "invisible ink" was employed. I'm not sure how it worked, but the check clearing system could not pick up the names when the checks were processed. It was a huge mess and he and his wife both ended up doing federal time for tax evasion. I can't remember offhand whether any of the others involved got federal time or some other penalty. True story. I knew both of them - when the split occurred I saw my way out of the cult/church and I took it. I never looked back. We went through hell - but I never went back.

It would not be entirely out of the realm of possibility that these people have set themselves up as a "church" for the purpose of avoiding taxes. In any event, they are not in any way, shape or form "Christians."

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
  4. tommywho70x

tommywho70x BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    what is the anti-gay connection to cpl snyder's funeral?

5. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    That is the guy who leads that so called church, they protest funerals because "God hates Gays." I thought you said you wanted all the facts, and the fact is that, at heart, this guy is a left winger.

6. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Just like Timothy McVeigh is a right winger.

http://www.historyguy.com/biofiles/mcveigh_timothy.html

7. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    Taking Phelps seriously is only contributing to his cause. Knock it the fuck off already. Let shitbags like Phelps flail until they go blue in the face, but don't lend them credibility.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Phelps is actually an intolerant, right wing nut who claims to be Christian. There's nothing Christian about him if you actually read the Word.

Ascribing his hatred to either side of the political aisle is naive. Someone took care of Madelyn Murray O'Hare, and someone needs to take care of Phelps. He's a blight on any Christian, and only fuels the Anti-God Squad in presenting us as something we are not,.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    phelps is an user....he uses anything he can to promote himself and keep himself in the lifestyle he is desiring...after all do you ever see him at these protests?

has nothing to do with rightwing or leftwing...or christian...it is all about money

10. tommywho70x

tommywho70x BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    okay, we seem to be able to agree that phelps is bent and using twisted false christian values to be an attention-getting blowhard, but mr. phelps has this opinion supporting his right to be offensive:

“As utterly distasteful as these signs are,” Judge Robert B. King wrote for the majority, “they involve matters of public concern, including the issues of homosexuals in the military, the sex-abuse scandal within the Catholic Church, and the political and moral conduct of the United States and its citizens.”

my feeling was that the snyders erred in pursuing tort litigation rather than turning the other cheek. by suing, phelps is getting all the publicity and then some that he seeks. i also feel like the more advanced critters we know as god and the holy host do a much better job of punishing shit stains like phelps than a court can do.