Lance Armstrong says he lost $75 million in future income after being stripped of his 7 Tour De Fran

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Lance Armstrong says he lost $75 million in future income after being stripped of his 7 Tour De France titles
lancearmstrong_livestrong_UyZjt.jpg

In summary
-Had to repay over $13 million he won in bonuses
-Dropped by sponsors such as Nike, Trek, Radioshack etc (millions of potential income lost)
-Damaged brand/reputation which means he would not be able to charge much for public appearances
-$100 million whistleblower lawsuit filed by Floyd Landis
-Had to repay a newspaper publisher $3 million after wrongfully suing it for defemation
-Went from being idolized by millions to becoming a disgraced cheater

The reality is that people bend or break the rules to get an advantage in sports or life all the time. I'm not going to feel bad when they get caught and pay the price for it. You take chances you deal with the results if they turn out bad.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I agree with LK. I disagree that he is an unbannable non-troll lol.

• Banned

Why is it good? Dont you feel bad for him. Losing 7 Tour De France titles is bad enough. But losing another $75 million as well
No, i don't feel the least bit bad for this lying bullying cheating asshole.
I guess you're right
I kind of forgiven him because he raised hundreds of millions for cancer patients
And also lots of others were linked to doping too, but it seemed Lance got all the blame and was the scapegoat

You know, I'm a cyclist, and have been since around 1987.

My first hero in the world of cycling was Greg Lemond when he won the Tour by using aero equipment which helped him make up almost 30 seconds in the last stage.

Then? It was Miguel Indurain, because not only was he fast on the flats, but even though he was over 6 ft tall, he could climb with the best of them. His nickname on the circuit was "IndurTRAIN" because he was like a locomotive when he rode.

And finally.............I was really enthused about some Texas boy from Austin who rode a bike pretty good, and ended up winning 7 Tours. Even more than the legendary Eddie "The Cannibal" Merckx, and I was one of his biggest fans.

When the doping scandal came out, I defended Armstrong, I said that it was probably a false positive because of the cancer drugs he was taking, and I defended him for a long long time.

When he finally admitted to lying, I lost all respect for him, and in my estimation, he is no longer worthy of being one of my heroes.

Screw him..............he made his bed, let him lay in it.

Why is it good? Dont you feel bad for him. Losing 7 Tour De France titles is bad enough. But losing another $75 million as well
I guess you're right
I kind of forgiven him because he raised hundreds of millions for cancer patients
And also lots of others were linked to doping too, but it seemed Lance got all the blame and was the scapegoat

I don't think he is a horrible person. I think he took chances and it blew up in his face, and I don't feel sorry for the blowback. I raced BMX and then Motocross for years. For the most part all the racers are a family and they all help each other. When you bend the rules too much you get a warning. When you break the rules and have no respect for everyone else you lose the help the "family" provides. It doesn't matter if others are doing it, the same thing eventually happens to them.

Armstrongs' blowback was widely publicized because he was a high profile racer, it doesn't mean others less known don't pay the price for cheating as well.

Read up on what he did to Filippo Simeoni, on live tv. What a guy, that lance.
Wow havent heard about it until now. I dont feel as much sympathy towards Lance when I read this now.good riddance

"In October 2012, Armstrong was stripped of all seven of his Tour titles and banned from cycling for life. In January 2013, he admitted to doping. Simeoni's reaction to Armstrong's confession was: "I acknowledge Armstrong's confession on television but he put me through such a humiliating experience and damaged me so much, in terms of sport, morale and finances that I don't know if I could ever forgive him."[8]

Reality check:

If he hadn't won those titles, then someone else who was also doping would have won. That was the culture at the time, and he did what everyone else at the top was doing. His denials were not only based on self-protection, but also on the belief that it could never be proven that he was doping. Wrong.

The Pittsburgh Steelers won four Super Bowls in the '70's, largely because their trainers recognized and utilized the advantages that could be had by using HGH and anabolic steroids, while other teams were slow to catch on. Their linemen were simply stronger than their opponents (Joe Green is the conspicuous exception - he didn't participate).

Let's say that one of them writes a tell-all autobiography next year. Should those Lombardi trophies be forfeited? Should the HoF honorees be thrown out of Canton?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Reality check:

If he hadn't won those titles, then someone else who was also doping would have won. That was the culture at the time, and he did what everyone else at the top was doing. His denials were not only based on self-protection, but also on the belief that it could never be proven that he was doping. Wrong.

The Pittsburgh Steelers won four Super Bowls in the '70's, largely because their trainers recognized and utilized the advantages that could be had by using HGH and anabolic steroids, while other teams were slow to catch on. Their linemen were simply stronger than their opponents (Joe Green is the conspicuous exception - he didn't participate).

Let's say that one of them writes a tell-all autobiography next year. Should those Lombardi trophies be forfeited? Should the HoF honorees be thrown out of Canton?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Were there rules about steroids back then?

Pretty sure there were doping rules in effect for all of Armstrong's wins

Would he have if cancer hadn't hit him personally?

I guess you're right

Forum List

Back