Lamenting Our Divided Nation

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
I feel like simultaneously weeping and celebrating for humanity! When did I become a drama queen? The question just occurred to me.

Drama king, man, king.

I just hope you're not right man. I don't know sometimes. How do you keep your chin up?

Its easy you look out for you and your own. Hey i've got to be truthful if something comes down to me or somebody else and it is really important i'll do whatever is neccessary to ensure that I get or achieve that which is so neccessary. Call it right or wrong but the fact is this is today's America. I wish it wasn't this way but the fact is you've got to be aggressive in America today or you will get trampled on. I'm not saying you've got to be a complete asshole at all times but you do have to be tough and have a backbone.

Look at this election season, does anybody really believe that Kerry should be anywhere close to having a chance at being elected? Hell he's neck and neck right now even factoring in the Nader siphoning. Its because right or wrong Demos are willing to do whatever it takes to regain a position they want more than anything else, they'll use lies, they will use intimidation and they will use money and influence(so will Repubs on all 3). Think this train of thought hasn't affected and seeped into the general citizenry over the past 40 years?

Originally posted by OCA
Its easy you look out for you and your own. Hey i've got to be truthful if something comes down to me or somebody else and it is really important i'll do whatever is neccessary to ensure that I get or achieve that which is so neccessary. Call it right or wrong but the fact is this is today's America. I wish it wasn't this way but the fact is you've got to be aggressive in America today or you will get trampled on. I'm not saying you've got to be a complete asshole at all times but you do have to be tough and have a backbone.

Look at this election season, does anybody really believe that Kerry should be anywhere close to having a chance at being elected? Hell he's neck and neck right now even factoring in the Nader siphoning. Its because right or wrong Demos are willing to do whatever it takes to regain a position they want more than anything else, they'll use lies, they will use intimidation and they will use money and influence(so will Repubs on all 3). Think this train of thought hasn't affected and seeped into the general citizenry over the past 40 years?

Yes. I know. It is very dark and evil in a way, but I know you're right, partially. This sucks. I saw my father go down trying to stop corruption in a small town in indiana. Ultimately the FBI was bribed. He's been telling me this negative, yet partially right, stuff for years. We cannot accept this. Now I'm bummed again. DAMMIT OCA! No. I know it's not your fault.

My perspective. This is a dam easy country to get involved with. Not at the levers of power, no, that takes money and influence. But influence, that is relatively easy to come by.

Pick your candidates and lend a hand, throw aside shyness-everyone is. Make some calls, host a coffee, mail out flyers, go to rallies. You will meet your local politicos, I promise they will try to get you to run for lower office! We don't all have that kind of time.

But if you want something, you know someone, who knows someone. Those that lament the 'insiderness' just have not gotten involved. It's fun and free. Good parties, good people.

Doesn't matter what your political persuasion, I'm sure it's true at all of them.

Originally posted by Kathianne
My perspective. This is a dam easy country to get involved with. Not at the levers of power, no, that takes money and influence. But influence, that is relatively easy to come by.

Pick your candidates and lend a hand, throw aside shyness-everyone is. Make some calls, host a coffee, mail out flyers, go to rallies. You will meet your local politicos, I promise they will try to get you to run for lower office! We don't all have that kind of time.

But if you want something, you know someone, who knows someone. Those that lament the 'insiderness' just have not gotten involved. It's fun and free. Good parties, good people.

Doesn't matter what your political persuasion, I'm sure it's true at all of them.

Wow. Kathianne. THat's a great attitude. I've been thinking more and more of just devoting myself 100% to a PRIVATE charity and devoting my life to god, in a real and commited way.

Wow. Kathianne. THat's a great attitude. I've been thinking more and more of just devoting myself 100% to a PRIVATE charity and devoting my life to god, in a real and commited way.

You're becoming a monk? :eek: j/k

I mean what I wrote though. I don't know if most people get that they can go right up to their local/county party headquarters, walk in and say, "Can I help?" Before you know it, you'll get swept inside it all.

I've been involved since college and many of my friends are in office. My family always has been, so it's a tradition of sorts.

Originally posted by Kathianne
You're becoming a monk? :eek: j/k

I mean what I wrote though. I don't know if most people get that they can go right up to their local/county party headquarters, walk in and say, "Can I help?" Before you know it, you'll get swept inside it all.

I've been involved since college and many of my friends are in office. My family always has been, so it's a tradition of sorts.

I think getting politically involved is new to conservative americans, who often say to themselves "I show my views by living my live a certain way". That's not cutting it anymore against a radicalized left. You're right, Kathianne. I may try this too.

As The economy improves and Iraq goes so-so, I lament our divided nation. The extent to which libs warp their reality to maintain their ludicrous views, makes me feel like there is absolutely zero common ground. The notion that the United States even has the right to exist seems to be up for debate. The superiority of freedom over tyranny, something I thought was a given, also seems to be up for debate.

RWA is sad.
:(

Can someone please cheer me up.

Just think of people like me... coming into politics from a neutral position, just waiting to be turned into a capitalist!!

Quick! Now's your chance! Tell me again why I should fight for your side? I'm not convinced capitalists are nice people yet, so you have to be nice when you're telling me. :)

Oh, and I don't have much time for the message board this week, so I can't get into any arguments...

I think all you have to do, by the way, is put a mother in charge of every nation in the world, she won't have time to fight and peace will prevail :p:

You rock. I rock. Half the nation apparently thinks this terrorism will go away if we just be more UNDERSTANDING.

I mean, WTF?

We are being understanding. We understand that these guys are evil and we have to defeat them.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
We are being understanding. We understand that these guys are evil and we have to defeat them.

...and they think we're evil and they have to defeat us.

If we became a peaceful country within our borders, we would be looked upon in a whole new light.

Originally posted by crazy canadian

If we became a peaceful country within our borders, we would be looked upon in a whole new light.

We have laws against assault. Are you talking about banning guns? Never.

WHo do you believe, people who are tyrannical and rule through fear, and shariah law, or societies based on freedom and individual rights. You DO have to choose sides, as it turns out.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I understand that we see things differently and apparently both of us seem like the type of people that don't back down easily! lol But I ultimately respect that.

Political divide today is all about being on the winning team. What is best for the county gets lost in people wanting to make sure that "their guy/gal" wins.

It is that anamalistic desire to never back down that is going to ruin this country. Both sides are going to continue to drift further and further apart until there is no middle ground. There is a struggle that is taking place in society that is so deep that it is mostly subconscious.

If you get stoned now and then you might notice it more! :p:

You don't really believe that garbage do you?

As long as the US has open borders we will have to face them trying to move in on "our" territory. We are already seeing them build Mosques at a faster rate here in the USA while also trying to do things like getting the call to prayer to be blared in a town five times a day. So even if we stay within our borders and become all peace-loving, stoned and having fun, they will still continue to encroach upon our society. They will do so until they have a power position. Then, suddenly, you will come out of your purple haze (cuz they stopped the flow of the good weed) just in time to hear the axe as it is bearing down on your neck.

Yeah, a "whole new light".

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Political divide today is all about being on the winning team. What is best for the county gets lost in people wanting to make sure that "their guy/gal" wins.

It is that anamalistic desire to never back down that is going to ruin this country. Both sides are going to continue to drift further and further apart until there is no middle ground. There is a struggle that is taking place in society that is so deep that it is mostly subconscious.

If you get stoned now and then you might notice it more! :p:

I partially agree ff1. The thing is one side has fact and history on their side. Oh that'd be my side!

And as far as the smokable, i just quit.

I partially agree ff1. The thing is one side has fact and history on their side. Oh that'd be my side!

And as far as the smokable, i just quit.
I quit for a while too but today is me b-day so I figured a toke was in hand (literally!).

I was in Austin a coupla weeks ago and this hippie type friend of mine was telling me how he is getting all pissed at his peace-nick friends. They are all into the "prayers for peace" routine and he said he told em, "hey, you better be careful of what you are praying for. What kind of peace do you want? At what price"? he then went on and told em, "if you throw a burka on your head you can have peace right now, so you better figure out what kind of peace you want before you go picking sides!"

Pretty apt if you ask me!

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I quit for a while too but today is me b-day so I figured a toke was in hand (literally!).

I was in Austin a coupla weeks ago and this hippie type friend of mine was telling me how he is getting all pissed at his peace-nick friends. They are all into the "prayers for peace" routine and he said he told em, "hey, you better be careful of what you are praying for. What kind of peace do you want? At what price"? he then went on and told em, "if you throw a burka on your head you can have peace right now, so you better figure out what kind of peace you want before you go picking sides!"

Pretty apt if you ask me!

Yep. I know the grower in austin who grows hydro for willie. Well, I know a guy that knows the guy!

Hang in there RWA--I have just upped my spirits a tad by concentrating on how the left has nothing to offer but criticism. No positives about Kerry--zip--nada--. They are scared shitless and this is how they show it. How would you like to be a member of a party who can't think of 1 good thing to say about thier candidate. You read the posts---all trash talk from frightened people. I'm sure you saw Bill Press on Hannity tonight. He got spit up and chewed out. Even his slogan is BUSH MUST GO. Bush will have his name everywhere soon. Thanks for the wise use of your advertising money lefties.

Forum List

Back