Lamenting Our Divided Nation

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
As The economy improves and Iraq goes so-so, I lament our divided nation. The extent to which libs warp their reality to maintain their ludicrous views, makes me feel like there is absolutely zero common ground. The notion that the United States even has the right to exist seems to be up for debate. The superiority of freedom over tyranny, something I thought was a given, also seems to be up for debate.

RWA is sad.
:(

Can someone please cheer me up.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
As The economy improves and Iraq goes so-so, I lament our divided nation. The extent to which libs warp their reality to maintain their ludicrous views, makes me feel like there is absolutely zero common ground. The notion that the United States even has the right to exist seems to be up for debate. The superiority of freedom over tyranny, something I thought was a given, also seems to be up for debate.

RWA is sad.
:(

Can someone please cheer me up.

Sure RWA, many of us agree with the superiority of freedom over tyranny and say it loud and strong. You are not alone.

:p: :p:

Don't let the turkeys get you down!!

Originally posted by Kathianne
Sure RWA, many of us agree with the superiority of freedom over tyranny and say it loud and strong. You are not alone.

:p: :p:

Don't let the turkeys get you down!!

Yes. they've come back to get revenge. It's finally payback for all the Thanksgivings of the past.

But seriosly. Thanks Kathianne.

It just irks me that the LMM will not tell the truth, won't report the postives, won't correct liberal lies ... Is our nation doomed?

not doomed.
How do I know?
because we are in it and we rock :p:

(there, THAT should make you smile damnit)

:D

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
not doomed.
How do I know?

(there, THAT should make you smile damnit)

:D

You rock. I rock. Half the nation apparently thinks this terrorism will go away if we just be more UNDERSTANDING.

I mean, WTF?

You rock. I rock.

Well, it has to start SOMEWHERE (lol)

Seriously speaking, I dont know the answer. My 'sources' (and you, RWA, know what they are) say the answer lies within balance. That understanding IS a necessity yes, but taken to the extreme to where we just roll over and allow the cruelty and hatred is not the way.

Its my opinion that our human-ness has gotten in the way of our humanity and good sense.

Whats right?
Whats wrong?

I dont know.

And yes, it IS upsetting and frustrating.

I feel your frustrations RWA. I too get down from time to time. A lot of America is really not paying any attention to what is going on around them. They watch the news, read the magazines, watch sitcoms and make their money moving along like robots. They believe ANYTHING they see on TV in the news, they never do their own research, they get their news off 30 second sound bites and they don't know shit.

Geeze.... now I'm down toooooooo!!!! :mad:

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I fee your frustrations RWA. I too get down from time to time. A lot of America is really not paying any attention to what is going on around them. They watch the news, read the magazines, watch sitcoms and make their money moving along like robots. They believe ANYTHING they see on TV in the news, they never do their own research, they get their news off 30 second sound bites and they don't know shit.

Geeze.... now I'm down toooooooo!!!! :mad:

C'mon guys, grab a little joe and smile!:cof: :D

Jesus where you been RWA? Its been like this for damn near 40 years in America. Vietnam had irrepairable repercussions for this country. The generation of Vietnam has instilled a hatred of government and almost all things in America in much of the ensuing generations. Not to mention the fact that the phrase "water's edge" was shot to hell. I just don't think its ever going to be the same. Flame me, call me what you will but I think this country's best days are behind her not because of her institutions but because of prevailing thought among the citizenry.

Originally posted by OCA
Jesus where you been RWA? Its been like this for damn near 40 years in America. Vietnam had irrepairable repercussions for this country. The generation of Vietnam has instilled a hatred of government and almost all things in America in much of the ensuing generations. Not to mention the fact that the phrase "water's edge" was shot to hell. I just don't think its ever going to be the same. Flame me, call me what you will but I think this country's best days are behind her not because of her institutions but because of prevailing thought among the citizenry.

I just hope you're not right man. I don't know sometimes. How do you keep your chin up?

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
It is frustrating at times.

I think as long as you keep doing what you think is right that can ultimately cheer you up.

You just got to keep your chin up. :D

Hey brownie, thanks for chiming in. SOrry If I've seemed hard on you at times. It truly is not personal in anyway. And i suppose that in some alternate reality my logic could be off in some minor way, though I seriously doubt it. I just allow for the POSSIBILITY. ANd you thought I was full of myself!:p:

you ARE full of yourself! :p: :clap1:

But thats cool - Id have it no other way!:cof:

No prob.

I understand that we see things differently and apparently both of us seem like the type of people that don't back down easily! lol But I ultimately respect that.

But don't be a gloomy gus. :D Keep on keepin' on!

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
you ARE full of yourself! :p: :clap1:

But thats cool - Id have it no other way!:cof:

Aren't we all! Someone very intelligent said,
not doomed. How do I know?

I feel like simultaneously weeping and celebrating for humanity! When did I become a drama queen? The question just occurred to me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back