Lambda Legal Sues Social Security:Lesbian Seeking Spousal Survivor's Benefits

Lambda Legal Sues Social Security on Behalf of Lesbian Seeking Spousal Survivor's Benefits

Heartless bigoted bureaucratic bastards !! This is one more reason why we can't let the SCOTUS move to far to the right!!

Lambda Legal today filed a lawsuit against the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) on behalf of a 63-year-old lesbian seeking spousal survivor's benefits based on her relationship with her partner of 27 years, who died in 2006 before same-sex couples in the State of Washington were able to marry.

The lawsuit filed on behalf of Helen Thornton in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington argues that SSA's exclusion of same-sex couples from survivor's benefits based on their inability to marry is unconstitutional.

Outrageous! They would have been married if they could have been .To deny her survivors benefits is tantamount to blaming the victim of discrimination.

https://www.lambdalegal.org/blog/20federl court180925_lambda-legal-sues-ssi-survivors-benefits

Another good reason to get rid of SS and to privatize retirement savings accounts - they would then be personal assets that can be bequeathed to whomever one chooses.

zzzzzzz another angry bull
Thank you so much for that brilliant and cogent commentary on an important issue. As always to seek to raise the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB to the highest level. You are such an asset and a blessing to behold!

Sorry but I don't agree with SSM errr pretend marriage so this shit won't go anywhere with me.

Fck'em

Another good reason to get rid of SS and to privatize retirement savings accounts - they would then be personal assets that can be bequeathed to whomever one chooses.

Red herring logical fallacy. The fact is that we have social security and this is a case of social and economic justice. If you want to push privatization, devise a plan and put it out there - on another thread

Red herring logical fallacy. The fact is that we have social security and this is a case of social and economic justice. If you want to push privatization, devise a plan and put it out there - on another thread

Speaking of Red Herrings.

The issue is that the retirement resources of one person are seized by the government instead of being available to his heirs.

Thank you so much for that brilliant and cogent commentary on an important issue. As always to seek to raise the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB to the highest level. You are such an asset and a blessing to behold!

Sorry but I don't agree with SSM errr pretend marriage so this shit won't go anywhere with me.

Fck'em

Nobody gives a crap what you agree with. You are living in a world that does not exist anymore. You are a dinosaur who will soon be extinct.

The issue is that the retirement resources of one person are seized by the government instead of being available to his heirs.
Yes exactly! Thank you for agreeing that this is highway robbery and a travesty.....Oh, her heirs

I see highway robbery, but not in the way you think. The issue is the massive taxation that working people endure. You are looking at one leaf instead of understanding the forest.

[

Nobody gives a crap what you agree with. You are living in a world that does not exist anymore. You are a dinosaur who will soon be extinct.

I'll bet regressiveparasite BELIEVES that shit.

It could say that out loud while hooked up to a polygraph and flat line it.

Instead of wasting our money on the global warming hoax, we need to get scientists to figure out how pieces of shit like regressiveparasite thwart natural selection and survive to adulthood. We could double the GDP if we were not keeping parasites like that alive in spite of themselves.

It's too goddamned bad AIDs doesn't work faster.

aids-kills-fags-dead-web.jpg

Section. 9. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.
No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another; nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Section. 10. No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Ex post facto law is explicitly and absolutely prohibited by the Constitution. What is being demanded by the OP would constitute an instance of ex post facto law, and as such, would be blatantly unconstitutional.

Yes exactly! Thank you for agreeing that this is highway robbery and a travesty.....Oh, her heirs

I see highway robbery, but not in the way you think. The issue is the massive taxation that working people endure. You are looking at one leaf instead of understanding the forest.

Obviously neither you nor anybody else wants to actually deal with the issue that I presented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section. 9. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.
No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.
No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another; nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Section. 10. No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

Ex post facto law is explicitly and absolutely prohibited by the Constitution. What is being demanded by the OP would constitute an instance of ex post facto law, and as such, would be blatantly unconstitutional.

Libturds love laws that undermine the COTUS.

Like that fucking Lautenberg Law that has cost countless people in the military and law enforcement their careers, because they pled guilty to lesser charges after being accused of things that police should not even be bothered by.

Obviously neither you nor anybody else wants to actually deal with the issue that I presented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do want to deal with it. I just don't want to deal with it the way you want me to.

Tough.

Fck'em

Dude you're an ancient old fag, I'm 33...wanna bet who meets our Maker first? By the way when you do? You're so fugged

A newsflash, nobody cares about your queer cause...now go ahead and try to convince us your ass isn't a freeway of Hershey love. Ain't nobody buying that BS

Forum List

Back