Laggy lately?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Been noticing a major slowdown (torrents, web, email, everything,) and disconnect issues last couple days or so. Anyone else?

Ran tracert the other day when on here and first noticing a slowdown thinking it was the site. While a couple hops came back twice as high as the others it was within normal ranges. Pinging my own connection though resulted in times 4 times higher than normal. And I'm being disconnected fairly often now.

Checking internettrafficreport.com 10 routers in NA are down but overall everything's in the green.

Googling for info, AT&T seems to be experiencing difficulties.

My phoneline died. Oddly enough though it's only affecting the phone, not the DSL line in the same wall socket. But what's really weird is a brand new phone doesn't even work. My first thought was a billing error had em turn service off, but asking my accountant (I call her Mom) about it she said everything's auto-debit'd and paid up. So I dunno what's going on. Got a tech coming today between 9 and 1pm. See what's going on.

Problems since Saturday? Would constantly loose internet and TV (Cable), the router/modem would read normal and the computers showed connection but couldn't get online. The cable feed would start heavily pixilating and Monday morning it started to get back to normal.
Was seriously thinking about dumping TWC but if this is more widespread..........
Oh and you have "naked" DSL, no internal phone line needed or used, they stopped requiring running off phone loops in 2000.

AT&T guy came over earlier today and fixed me up. Seems a bad wire in the electrical room was to blame, nothing on my end (whew, $100 callout charge if it were my fault .)

Forum List

Back